Chapter 21: Metal From The Heart

Just like the fight on the docks... you pushed the Glare and stepped forth until you gave a defiant stare towards Ironwood and his F-0.

Ironwood: so...you choose to fight...then you leave me no choice Y/N...

The machine Ironwood was in, began to shift the armor around it's right arm to reveal a forearm cannon...and he aimed it at the downed escape vessel Roman and a few others were in...

Ironwood: Stand down now...or I do a favor to all of Remnant...

You looked aver to see an injured Roman leaning on the side of the downed transport with a cigar in his mouth.

Roman: *cough* when did you stoop so low general?

The F-0 directed it's gaze towards Roman as Ironwood spoke up.

Ironwood: quite you!-...have to get low in order to cut off the infection you spread with your influence...

Roman only gave a weak glare towards the mech that was using him as a shake down victim...though the emotion you could feel from his wasn't fear or anger...

It was confidence...

Roman: influence, general? I think you mean routing!- who's weapons of mass destruction do you think I transport the most from?-Hm? Without me, your operations simply wouldn't have enough money or materials to continue staying afloat~

With your marks, you could feel a strong wave of rage building up inside of the F-0...Roman was getting a ride out of Ironwood...

Ironwood: your right...

The barrel of the forearm cannon began to charge...a dim yellow glow could be seen in the barrel...

Ironwood: that's why I'm gonna make sure nothing holds Atlas down anymore...starting with you-

Before Ironwood could even finish his sentence- let alone his cannon...you fired and shot the right arm with your biggest shell.

The main cannon let loose a violent plume of fire, while spitting out the oversized round. The artillery round ripped through the air in heat and rage...but it's target would not be so affected by the attack...

You watched as once the round eventually hit the arm of the mechanical beast. It indeed reeled back from the force of the round...but no true damage was done...

Ironwood: nice try Y/N...but Fury is built from sturner stuff~

You forced the glare to jump back as you watched Ironwood sweep away the kicked up smoke and dust before aiming the cannon at you... The blast that came forth next, was something you have never seen before...

A charged ball of dust filled energy shot out of the barrel of the forearm.

Unlike Penny and her energy based beam attacks she used against you before, this type of attack was deadlier...and way more powerful.

As a 3 by 3 foot ball spiralled and flew towards you at speeds barley visible to the naked eye, the air around it seemed to almost burn as it left a flaming trail that stayed despite the absence of it's igniter.

Narrowly dodging the charged projectile, you drew the Glare back and leaped backwards behind the cover of a few Atlas drop ships that were left on the top deck.

Ironwood: you think you can run, and hide away behind the very things I own and control!?

From behind your cover...you heard the F-0 shift in place before hearing the sound of thrusters and propellers...it was in the air now...

Ironwood: let see how you handle this then!

Small flaps and openings in the armor opened to reveal several- if not dozens of small rocket pods...and they all launched towards you...