Chapter 29: The Old Cage

With armor held strong, your body charged forward through the bitting winds and cold.

Your thrusters burned brightly as you hovered through the snow covered ground with ease. Leaving trails of steam and left over snow that wasn't immediately melted.

Tank: so, what now?...we found your old home, so...

You hummed in cluelessness before halting...you...well...you had a bad idea, but...it would probably be better for you to do this...

Y/N: well...do you think the lad is still there?-

You felt Tank physically recoil within your mind before hearing him speak.

Tank: kid...stop right there...

Y/N: I-I mean..., it's probably abandoned at this point, you know? I'm mean, all the research and staff for that building were killed in the crash, remember?...

Tank: well...your not wrong, but...I'm worried about you...

You sighed aloud before speaking.

Y/N: well... we're here aren't we?...I think it would be better to just get it over with now...

You didn't receive a response, but you could feel a hint of agreement from Tank.

Tank: just keep going forward then...

You slightly smiled as you began to pick your hovering momentum going forward.

On the way there however, you began to get a sense of caution as you continued your violent hover across the area.

And unbeknownst to you. All of your weapons opened and got into a firing position...

did your suit sense something you didn't...?

Or was it sensing what you were feeling...?

Either way you calmed yourself down as each weapon slowly returned into their respective retiring positions.

In all honesty...you were dreading this...

But ever since you had left the lad, you've known from the very beginning that you would end up back there...

So yes...you wanted to get it over with already...

As you traversed the snow, you eventually caught sight of the complex.

A large complex that lined the side of a snow covered mountain...

You felt as if you were holding your breath...but you managed a heavy sigh...

Tank: a-and here it is...

Tank sighed along with you...probably sensing what you were feeling right about now...

But at the same time-

Y/N: h-hey, uh...Tank

Tank: kid?...what's up?