Chapter 15: A Path of Damascus

A war on three different forces...three different fronts.

One side that wanted the death of their oppressors...One side that wanted to quell the rise of impudence that ran rampant...and you...didn't really know what you wanted.

At this point everything was almost a mere blur of events.

Almost an entire week ago; you were in a safe castle with a caring mother figure. And as of now; you were against a battle between advance mechs, and you inside of a metal spider.

...But it wasn't long after your own short self mental monologue. That the standoff's first move was made...

Although it was a simple movement...it spelled the beginning of an all out war.

When a White Fang traitors made the first step forward, so did an Atlas mech, and you pushed the glare to take it's first step into battle...then another...and another...it wasn't long until all sides pushed themselves into a fast paced walk...then a full on sprint.

The lumbering Atlas mechs gained momentum; with each stomp and step making a small crater and quake like shock beneath it's feet. They brought their large arms to aim their arm mounted weapons at their opponents.

The White Fang Traitors marched forward in desynchronization. With some charging head first, and others marching up slowly while firing off a few rounds.

The Glare's legs all seemed to shift and rotate in place while forcing the entire frame forward. Like an aggressive arachnid, the Glare chased it's prey with you as it's guide.

This is what it was going to come down too...and you somehow found yourself smiling...

Pushing the throttle and speed guage to the max, the Glare's frame vibrated violently before shifting it's legs even faster.

Contact was nie.

As the charging Atlas mechs were peppered with a volley of oversized calibered rounds. They quickly returned fire in retaliation to the White Fang Traitors insubordination to their wrath...all while rounds began to either pierce or ricochet off their armor. Though because of their speed, the White Fang traitors had an advantage.

As you neared the more closer ranged conflicts. You piloted the Glare to narrowly avoid a close engagement between two of the White Fang mechs and one of the Atlas behemoths.

The behemoth went for an over head swing, but it's attempt was stopped by the smaller mech with both desperate struggle and fear.

Though as the other smaller white fang mech came in to take advantage of the opening. The Atlas behemoth rotated it's top half before opening fire.

A rageful storm of energy based ammo ripped through the armor of the White fang mech. Both arms of the smaller frame were blown off, while the legs were peppered with holes and unrepairable damages.

The smaller mech fell, but a sigh of relief came out from under you once you had seen the traitor come out of the wreckage unscathed.

Velvet: Y/N, LOOK OUT!!!

Snapping your attention to the one on one dule between the smaller and larger mechs, you watched the initial White Fang mech flying towards you before immediately taking control.

Straightening the legs before rotating them forward. The entire hight and frame of the mech shited to be as close to the ground as possible. And as luck would have it, the improvised flying hunk of steel and metal went over you before crashing against a few cargo containers. But the time for relief was far from it's mark...