2. Suspicion

"My father has chosen you all specifically for this, you all know your individual reasons-" Vickers begins, hands behind back. "So." She pauses, looking up and observing everyone seated in front of the platform. "He has a message, pay attention" she says the second part while glimpsing at Fifield. He scrunches his face in irritation and folds his arms, slumping more in his chair.

The message was explaining why you are all there. Which obviously you all know, but it was more of a thank you message.
"We begin tonight"
Everyone's faces drop, you feel your eyebrows furrow in concern.
"But Vickers, we have only just woken" Shaw calls out from beside you.
"And?" She asks, standing tall with her arms folded. Her face was serious.
"My father is paying you, I think the least you can do is follow his instructions. Hmm?" She turns on her heels, walking to a door at the back of the room.
"Be ready" she says finally, the door closing behind her.

You turn and look at Shaw.
"I'm not being ridiculous am I?" She asks, sitting again from her crouched standing position. "Not at all" you sigh.
"We haven't even done any safety checks, how are we to know what's down there?"
"I know" David chimes in.
You both jump in surprise, he stood beside you in the aisle.
"You, do?" You ask.
"Yes" he smiles at you. Then glancing at Shaw before he walks off.
You sit there for a moment, then you turn back to Shaw.
She blinks in confusion.
"So..."
"He's up to something isn't he" she mumbles, watching him leave the room.
"You think so?"
"100%"
"What could he be doing?"
"I'm not sure, but he seems suspicious along with Vickers" she whispers.