6. mission attempt two

Crunching echoes through the vast corridors. Everyone seemed unbothered how the mission was put on halt for safety beside you and Shaw.
"Everyone seems fine" you muttered to Shaw, who stood close to your side as everyone walked a few feet ahead.

You all were scanning your torches around, looking at the black charcoal ceilings. That every now and then would crumble, causing panic for a few seconds.
"I know, something is wrong. Even Vickers came on this voyage" she says back under her breath.
"No turning back now" you reply, sighing.
Everyone makes it to the previous point. Then, David appears. Vickers had led everyone this time, she didn't look pleased to see him. But she stood beside him. "Okay, so. Everyone needs to stay as a group" Vickers orders.
David stood proudly beside her, his false face had some life in it.
"David" she turns to him, he nods. He leads the way. All of you group together closely and cautiously look around, the room has carved ceilings. Delicate carvings of humans and intricate patterns. "This is all a bit..."
"It doesn't feel planned?" You finish her sentence. She nods.
"It doesn't feel fool proof" she whispers.

David leads the way proudly, with his hands behind his back. Something is very off.