Chapter Two - A Fool's Hour

A/N: I do not own the fanart above but I think it's a great visual example of what Eliott's suit would look like, his is a brighter orange though

• HEATHER •

Eliott took a deep breath outside the entrance to the lab, steadying his nerves as much as he could.

He looked down at the scribbles on his palm, running over what he planned to say to Chase when he walked in.

"You got this Eliott, you got this" he muttered, pumping himself up.

He turned the corner, instantly spotting him on a vacant table tinkering with his skateboard. Eliott narrowly dodged a tennis ball that flew past his head and this caused Chase to look up at the disturbance.

He smiled, "Well don't you look sharp" Eliott paused for a second, questioning if he heard him correctly.

Did Chase just flirt with him? Did he actually have a chance?

He opened his mouth to respond, "It is such a relief to finally come to the museum and not have to look- like that" he jumped at the voice.

His face falls as he realizes Chase was in fact complimenting Shelby, who he had not even noticed was there at all, rather than himself.

He berated himself for thinking so hopefully, of course, Chase wouldn't flirt with him, he's straight.

The three of them turned on the newly arrived Tyler, in his own Dino Bite Cafe uniform, which is what Shelby had been talking about.

"Isn't it great? I get to be a buzz boy at the cafe?" Tyler shows off his name tag cheerfully. He was what Eliott would call 'disturbingly delightful', it was a scarily accurate description.

"Good for you buddy" Eliott responded patting him on the shoulder before Kendall marched in.

"You're late Shelby. Please, Chase, this is a sterile laboratory, not a Garage. Eliott, I need you upstairs we have a school field trip that needs a safety talk." She listed as she walked past.

"On it boss." He unenthusiastically saluted before escaping the lab, grateful for the excuse to leave.

"Why is Tyler dressed to work in the Cafe?
And why is Eliott off talking to kids about why they shouldn't ride the skeletons? We are rangers now, you know busy saving the world?" Shelby shot question after question, but Kendall gave a generalised answer instead.

"Sometimes you are busy saving the world and other times you're busy flipping burgers. Today, it's burgers.

That's how you blend in. No one will suspect you're rangers"

Before Shelby could respond, Koda walked out of his cave, shirtless and yawning, "Someone say, mmm burgers?"

"Koda, what do you like sleep in that cave?" Tyler asked pointing at the mouth.

"Yes. My home." Koda smiled when talking about his cave.

"Koda found the blue energem a hundred thousand years ago, during the Pleistocene era." Kendall supplied at everyone's confused expressions.