Chapter Three - Return of the Caveman

A/N: This is my new cat Alfie, he's serving as the faceclaim for a feline character introduced this chapter. :)

• HEATHER •

Eliott walked into work feeling utterly shattered. He had spent the late hours of the previous night finishing off a project he and Miss Morgan were working on.

It were finally done and he was pleased to finally show it to the other rangers. He helped Kendall wheel it into the base less than an hour before the others were due to arrive at work.

"Eliott can you help me cover it up with this tarp real quick?" Miss Morgan requested.

"Yeah, of course! I mean it's part of the job isn't it? I'd probably be a pretty awful assistaint if I didn't you know, assist you. You would probably have to fire me otherwise and i'd have to go back to England-" he breathlessly spoke as he and Kendall covered their project with the cedar tarp.

"Slow down Eliott, you're talking a mile a minute!" Kendall smiled despite her annoyed tone.

"Sorry, just tired. I get garrulous when i'm tired." he apologised.

Kendall paused, "garrulous?"

"it means excessively talkative"

She chuckled, "I knew there was a reason I hired you"

The sound of the door to the lab opening caused both of them to turn to Tyler, Riley and Shelby.

"Where's Chase?" Eliott asked them.

Shelby went to respond, "Good question-"

Suddenly, Chase came falling out of the slide head first and he hit the ground with a resounding thud.

"Chase! You're on time!" Eliott teased playfully.

"Ow, my beautiful face." Chase whined.

Miss Morgan sighed, "Well, the main reason I asked you to come was to show you-"

She unveiled the project by pulling away the tarp, revealing our brand new dino cycles.

"-this!" she finished.

"Woah, sick ride mate! Is that for us?!" Chase awed and the others gaped in shock and excitement. He climbed ontop of the vehicle and revved the engine a few times.

They heard a sound of fear or confusion from behind them, Miss Morgan quickly turned to Koda, who was walking out of his cave and holding a large branch.

"Sorry! We didn't know you were sleeping!"

"Kendall-" Shelby paused to correct herself, "-Miss Morgan was just showing us our new dino cycles!"

"Come on over, take a squiz" Chase added.

All of the americans tilted their heads to stare at Chase in confusion, "A squiz?" they repeated in a unanimous bewilderment.

"A squiz? You know, a look?" Chase explained, surprised.

When met with blank stares, he groaned loudly at the ceiling exclaiming "Sometimes I wonder if i'm speaking english!"