Chapter Two

"Angelica, what happened today in school?" My dad was standing in my doorway.
"Nothing." I rolled my eyes.
"Answer my question right now." The way he said it made me flinch even though he didn't yell.
I looked at him. I saw his eyes glance down at me and at my wrist. I pulled my sleeves down, hiding the cuts.
I've been clean for a few days. I felt ashamed. Eventually, he walked towards me, ruffled my hair and walked out.
With my restlessness, I got up and started playing Motionless in White. The lead singer's voice screamed through my room. I started to head bang and rock out. I then felt a tad bit better about my horrible day at school.
After a few songs played from their older album "Infamous," mom called out, "Dinner!" I paused my music and rushed down the stairs because I was hungry and it was getting late. Too much time has passed.
When I arrived, I noticed a difference in the atmosphere, a good difference considering what happened earlier. I couldn't help but to chuckle, which made my mom turn around and look at me.
"What's going on?" I asked. My brows furrowed in confusion.
"Your grandparents are staying with us next week."
"What?!" I exclaimed. My mom nodded her head. I motioned to my dad that I was gonna head upstairs really quick.
Shit, I forgot what I came in here for. Oh yeah. My earbuds.
When I got back downstairs, my mom and dad were setting up the table.
For a quick second, I got to thinking again, as I do this a lot.
My parents aren't like the regular parents. They tend to be sarcastic and blunt but yet they're very religious. Interesting mix.
When we finally sat down, we all held hands and my mom started to pray like she always does. I sometimes go along with it but most of the time I just block it out.
As soon as she finished, we dug into our food in silence. I started to play with my mac and cheese after a few moments.
"Grandma will be sleeping with you, by the way." My mom broke the silence. I made a face.
"I know it's not ideal, but you know how they are." Dad shrugged.
They're his parents so I guess he understands more.
They normally don't sleep together for some reason. It doesn't help that we don't have much room but it's fine. I won't be home most of the time, anyways.
I got up from my seat at the table, and put my food back in the dishes.
"Honey, we haven't had dessert, yet!" Mom look concerned.
"I'm okay." I said.
As I put my dishes in the sink, I noticed my parents were very quiet. Again.
They have those moments where they can tell when I'm upset. Normally, they don't help. I might as well just sit there and scream how fucked up I am.
I ran into my room, feeling like I was going to cry.
I just wish I had my own space and didn't have to share.
Me and my grandparents get along, though I know I can be dramatic, but damn.