Chapter Five

Ryan made this hand motion for me to come near him. I swear to you, my heart skipped an actual beat.
Looking down at the ground, I shuffled my way near him, which was only like two feet since the room wasn't that large.
I ever so slightly felt something tug underneath my chin lift my head up. My adrenaline spiked. What is going on?
Before anything happened, something told me to close my eyes. Within that second, I felt his lips on mine.
I blanked, not knowing what to do.
Now, don't get me wrong, I know how to make out with someone, I just had a brain fart within this moment.
I swear it's different when its with someone you actually like.
His lips felt warm and moist against mine. They felt just right. I wanted this moment to last forever and ever. My stomach was in my feet and to be quite honest, I had no idea what to do with my hands.
So I made the decision to put them around him, and on his sides, near his ribs. He instantly pulled me closer to his chest, embracing me. It seemed like he was trying to put his tongue in my mouth. Oh, how bad I wanted that to happen isn't even funny. But I pulled away, scared of what was gonna happen next.
I quickly put my hands on my face. It was happening; I was blushing.
"I - er - we - um - should go back out there. I don't want my mom to worry." I fumbled over my words so bad that I had to walk out of the room in embarrassment.
"There you are! They're about to start. Oh! What a nice surprise! Hello, Ryan." My dad said when we sat down next to them.
"Oh shoot. My bad." My mom said. "I should've told you that we were having company." My mom looked at my dad all surprised.
She seemed slightly embarrassed for forgetting something like this. My dad just shrugged. I knew that they both wouldn't mind Ryan's company.
"Are you ready, Angelica? They seem to be ready when you are by the looks of it."
I just nodded. I completely forgot about that. I got too caught up with Ryan's lips on mine.
I looked over at the man of my dreams.
I made a gesture towards him to see if he would pick up on it. Thankfully, he did. But stretched out his hand and wrapped his fingers around mine, fingers interlocking. His enormous hands holding my small hands felt right, but not as right as his lips on mine earlier.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, if you could please be seated for the Baptism Ceremony for Angelica Taylor. Thank you." The preacher said over the microphone.
I finally figured out that his name is actually Dan.
"You got this." Ryan smiled at me and squeezed my hand. I smiled and squeezed my hand back.
As my parents walked up to the stage, I noticed my Godparents Amy and Chris were holding hands. They're relationship goals. I smiled at them in their direction.
Dan handed me the Christening white dress as I walked up to the stage. I quickly shrugged it on, waiting for them to get this done and over with as soon as possible.
I skimmed the the crowd as I see some familiar faces from our old church and some newer faces.
But before I knew it, Dan was calling out my Godparents and parents names and sprinkled holy water on me and we all prayed.
As he was reciting Christian prayers, he dunked my head into a basin of water. That was the part I dreaded the most for some reason amongst the excitement.
I felt the preacher's hands around me. I normally hate having other people's hands around me but I knew this was important, not just for me but also my parents as well.
I was brought back to the surface before I could mouth the word Amen.
"In the Father and the Son of the Holy Spirit." Was what Dan said after it was done. Immediately, I felt better.
As I was handed my certificate, everyone clapped, even Ryan which made me blush a little bit.
I shook Dan's hand and and walked towards my parents and Godparents who made it off the stage before I did.
Even both mom's were teary - eyed and the dads were looking proud, the least I can say that I did it and have a better connection with religion. Hopefully.
"Congrats! We're all so proud of you." My mom embraced me into a hug. My dad nodded his head in agreement.
Eventually, I made my way past the pews and the crowd. Even though I hate being in large crowds, I still acknowledged the congrats from the people around me.
All I knew is that I wanted to be around Ryan. Though as of on cue, I felt a warmth embrace me. I turned around. It was him.
To pull me a bit closer to him, he grabbed my wrist, strong yet comforting.
I looked up to see Ryan staring at me. I gave him a puzzled look. As I thought he was drawing me in for a hug, he surprised me by kissing me ever so slightly on my forehead. In a millisecond it seemed, my face feel hot as I awkwardly placed my hands on my cheeks. I looked down at the ground only to realize that he was laughing at me.
"Okay guys." I got startled by my mom's voice.
"Since Angel did such a good job, our treat is all of us going to any of your favorite restaurant." My mom and dad embraced each other, looking lovingly at each other.
"Cracker Barrel!" I exclaimed.
Best place ever. I clapped my hands in excitement.
I love that place. Swear to God, they have the best comfort food.
"Cracker Barrel it is, then."My dad said.
Though, unfortunately my godparents cannot attend dinner with us. They came from out of town so they have a long drive home. We said our goodbyes, shook a few more hands and we were off.