Chapter Six

I rode with Ryan to the restaurant. We were jamming out to rock music on the radio. I was trying my hardest not to be awkward with being alone in the car with him.
I do love him, maybe that's why my feelings are strong for this man.
Before I knew it, Ryan finally pulled into the parking lot.
Already, my parents are waiting for us, as they were talking to each other. I smiled in their direction without them noticing.
As soon as we parked, everyone seemed happy to see me.
"Cracker Barrel has such a homey vibe." I said, as we walked through.
"It does, doesn't it?" Ryan looked at me and smiled, his snakebites pulled and stretched with his lips as he did.
My face must've gotten red while he did that because in return, I heard him whisper to my parents as we sat down.
They all looked at me and giggled. My reaction must've amused them that much.
I covered my face in my hands again and rolled my eyes.
"Motherfuckers!" I exclaimed under my breath.
Soon after, we got seated.
For a Sunday, they were pretty busy.
"What's everyone getting today?" The waitress came to our table shortly after we got situated. I already knew what I wanted, the chicken pot pie.
Everyone seemed to know what they wanted as well.
Quickly, the waitress who's name I figured out was Roxanne, went off to get our drinks and our food order into the kitchen.
I texted my friend Ashley who's been in California for a family vacation. I'm very jealous.
She texted back pretty quickly, asking me all sorts of questions.
But of course, there was a sort of loaded question that was unexpected. Even for her...
"Are you gonna lose your virginity to him?"
I had to look up from my phone to only realize no one was paying attention. I sighed a breath of relief.
I kept trying to figure out what to say to that message.
Way too forward, even for me.
Putting my phone down, I wanted to join the conversation my parents and Ryan were having, but they all seemed content. I looked up at Ryan after I put my phone down on the table and just smiled at him.
This man has my whole heart and he doesn't even realize it.
As soon as I was about to join the conversation, our food came. I honestly was excited because I was very hungry after a long day I had.
"Is there anything else I can get for you guys?" Our waitress asked.
"No, I think everything looks good to me!" My mom replied.
My dad nodded in agreement.
She walked away, and we all dug in.
Towards the end of our meal, I felt an instant warmth on my thigh. I looked down and it was Ryan's hand. I looked up at him to realize that he was in his own world, eating his food with one hand, barely paying any attention to his surroundings.
Instant butterflies as I watched him eat a plate of eggs.
Don't ask me why I was so enthralled with him, but I was.
Shortly after we finished, my dad paid for all our meals and left a decent tip. My parents are like that, very nice and giving.
"Let's go home and sleep this food off." My mom laughed at herself. In response, we all nodded.
"Hey mom, can Ryan come with us?" I gave her the puppy dog eyes. That usually works.
"Yeah, that's fine. Just make sure you go to school in the morning." She winked at me.
Oh no. She must know something is up.
Now, don't me wrong. My parents and I have a good relationship that's open with each other. But sometimes my mom goes too far. My dad? Not so much. I'm still his little girl in his eyes.
"Alright, Angel. Meet us at home, then. Me and your mom might go to bed depending on the time. If not, we'll do our own thing for the night."
"Alright." I replied. "See you back at the house."
My parents went their separate ways as a I followed Ryan to his car.
Nothing fancy, just a Kia Forte.
"So. Got any plans for us in mind?" He asked as we got into his car and buckled our seatbelts.
"We can watch a movie and maybe cuddle?" I shrugged my shoulders. I'm not the best planner.
"That sounds like a good idea." He winked at me. I about melted in a puddle in his car.
The feelings he gives me is insane. I cannot stand myself, sometimes.
Driving with one hand, Ryan slid his free hand up my thigh, underneath my dress, but just a tad bit so I could still see his hand. I started to squirm in my seat ever so slightly.
He felt his hand squeeze my thigh, making me squeal. In response, he chuckled. I swear to God, even though I'm a virgin and awkward but like, the things I'd do to this man.
"Or we could just cuddle. Without the movie." He looked away from the road for a split second to look at me while he said that.
I had to catch my breath for a moment before answering him.
"Ye-yes." I stuttered over my words. One more time before we drove in silence for the rest of the way home, he smiled at me.
Since the car ride was a little bit over an hour, I felt myself getting tired and dozed off while having Ryan's hand squeezing my thigh.