Chapter 46

C A L E N

"YOU MADE ME HATE THIS CITY! AND I DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT YOU ON THE INTERNET! NEVER TOLD ANYONE ANYTHING BAD!"

My eyebrow furrowed as I sighed in disbelief when I heard someone singing out of tune. Mas malakas pa ang boses niya kaysa sa mismong tugtog.

I am not really fond of bars because of too much noise, but I chose to go today to calm myself down and drink liquor. We just lost over a billion yesterday because one of the companies that I had a partner with went bankrupt because of allegations. Even my company was affected.

"That fucking idiot," I whispered to myself, shook my head, and drank one shot of tequila.

Sumandal ako sa inuupuan na sofa at napasulyap kay George na abalang nakatingin sa dance floor. George was a childhood friend of mine. We grew up together. He was the adoptive son of our maid who passed ten years ago.

"You want a shot?" Alok ko.

Mabilis siyang umiling sa akin at tinaas ang kamay. "No, Sir, thank you." He refused formally and looked around.

"You are so formal, huh? Parang hindi ka gago noon." Puna ko sa kaniya bago sinalinan ng panibagong shot ang baso ko. Kaagad siyang napalingon sa akin at nagtaas ng kilay.

"You're the one who wanted me to be formal, idiot."

I smirked because of what George said. I told him to be formal, but he always does it all the time.

"BECAUSE OF YOU, I LEARNED TO PLAY ON THE SAFE SIDE SO I DON'T GET HURT!" My lips parted, and I couldn't continue drinking my tequila when I heard that familiar voice sing again.

George laughed and shook his head. Inagaw niya sa akin ang hawak kong tequila at nakangising ininom 'yon.

"Tangina, sintunado." He laughed again after putting down the shot glass. Lumingon ulit siya doon sa dance floor.

"She looks hot. The lady in red." George eyed someone.

Kinuha ko ang extra shot glass at nagsalin ng tequila. I looked where George was staring. I diverted my gaze to the dance floor, and I saw immediately whom George was talking about.

"BECAUSE OF YOU, I AM AFRAID—putangina!" Her voice cracked at the end. Halos maibuga ko ang iniinom dahil doon.

The lady in red, huh? The one singing? She looked wasted. Yakap-yakap niya ang red horse habang umiiyak at sinisigaw ang kanta. Did someone broke her heart?

I pursed my lips and brused them while staring at her. Her curly hair flowed down until her butt. Her face was flushed red. Thick and fleek eyebrows, doe black eyes, thick long lashes, and plump lips. She turned her back on us, and I saw how perfect her body curve was. Her butt was incredibly in perfect shape, too. I didn't even realize how long I was staring at her.

I knew some of the guys were obviously hitting on her, but she was busy crying in the center of the dance floor. She was crying...beautifully.

"Her friend is prettier," George commented and pursed his lips.

"I hate Noel and his fucking small dick!—" My lips parted because of what I heard from her. Kung hindi pa tinakpan ng kaibigan niya ang bibig ay mukhang marami pa siyang sasabihin.