You hate him, right? (part 2)

Content warnings: Don't think there are any

Charlie's pov

I woke up against the wall. Nick had his arms around me and kept calling my name as he gently shook my shoulders. "Charlie, wake up." He sounded scared. I blinked a few times before I could see normal again. Finally, I could see Nick's face clearly. He was still as handsome as ever. I hated the fact that I felt about him that way, but I couldn't help it. 

"Where am I?" I asked. Nick chuckled a little and told me: "You're still in the classroom. You fainted and fell to the floor." I looked around in shock. He was right. Why of all people did he have to see me fall? "I caught you and placed you against the wall." "Thanks." I said, trying to get back up. But Nick pressed me back against the wall. "You'd better sit down. Have you eaten anything in the past few hours?" I shook my head. 

Nick took a piece of gingerbread out of his bag and handed it to me. I didn't really want to eat it, but I knew if I didn't, I would faint again. I quickly stuffed the piece of gingerbread inside my mouth and stood up slowly. I didn't feel like sitting close to Nick anymore. Nick looked up at me in surprise. "Why are you running away from me again?" I shrugged. 

"No, tell me. What's so terrible about me that you keep running away from me?" I looked at him bewildered. Did I really have to spell it out for him again? "I think we've already discussed this." I said. You could tell by the tone of my voice that I was getting very irritated. "How many times do you want me to say sorry?" Nick asked. At least a hundred more times, but because you had to ask, probably a hundred more. I laughed at my thoughts. Nick looked at me confused. "What's so funny?" I kept silent and sat against the wall on the other side of the room. Nick sighed. He looked frustrated at his hands, which were trembling. 

We stood in silence for a few minutes. Peace, at last, or so I thought. "Can we start over?" Nick asked. I refused to look at him. Instead, I looked out the window. It was getting dark outside, and it also had started snowing. Huge snowflakes flew from the sky to the ground. How much money would it cost if I smashed this window to get outside?

Nick stood up from the floor and walked over to me. He followed my gaze out the window and saw the white snowflakes. He smiled at the view. "The snow is beautiful, isn't it?" I also smiled as I stared out the window. "Yeah. I could spend a whole day outside in the snow." I climbed onto the windowsill and leaned my head against the window. Nick did the same. "When I was little my mother, my brother and I often went to a little house in the north during the Christmas holidays. It always snowed there and my brother and I played in it all day." Nick told me. 

I smiled at him. "Really? That sounds like so much fun. My family never really did that. We used to go out for the holidays sometimes, but it was never for long, and most of the time we didn't go to a nice place. We usually went to my grandparents. They live in a boring town." Nick smiled and nodded before staring out the window again. We sat in silence for a moment. "Who would have locked us up?" I asked eventually. Nick shrugged. 'I have no idea. Maybe Harry and his group, but as far as I know they were already headed home." 

"Why are you friends with them in the first place? They don't seem like the most supportive group to me." Nick suddenly looked very sad. As if I had offended him. "No, they aren't. But I don't know who else to hang out with. I'm really sorry for what I said. I didn't mean to offend you, but I know I did. Can we start over?" I hesitated for a second, but I saw that sincere look in his eyes again. Maybe I should give him a chance. 

"Okay."

*

*

The next morning I woke up with my head leaning on Nick's shoulder. His head leaned back on mine. It was still dark outside, so it was still very early. I didn't dare to move. I was afraid to wake up and startle Nick. Somehow his touch felt nice. It felt safe and secure. My hand was close to his. If I could move my little finger a few inches, it would touch his. The thought alone made me smile, but I knew I couldn't do it. Nick would hate me. I don't know how long I sat still against Nick, but it felt like a couple of hours. Suddenly I felt Nick's fingers intertwine with mine. I looked surprised at his face. He was awake. And he clearly didn't realize I was awake too.