Chapter 2

Baby Blues.

TW: mentions of miscarriage and child loss. Viewer discretion is STRONGLY ADVISED.

Shanelle thought she was hearing things.

"Your Majesty?"

"Huh?"

"Did you hear me?"

She blinked herself back to reality.

"I...think so?" she said after shaking her head, "You said something about my bloodwork."

"Yes ma'am. Your most recent bloodwork came back positive for hCG. Congratulations. You're pregnant."

Shanelle stared at her doctor.

"Pregnant? Like pregnant...pregnant?"

"Yes, my Queen."

"But I can't be pregnant! I just renewed my vows. I literally spent half the night drinking! My wedding anniversary is next weekend!"

"Not to worry Your Majesty. You're not that far along."

The news hit her like a ton of bricks.

"Sonuvabitch!" she muttered a little too loudly.

"Ma'am?"

"Oh! I'm sorry. I was talking about my husband."

"His Majesty?" her doctor asked.

She chuckled dryly.

"Yes, him. He's gonna love this news."

"I'm sure. This is an amazing time for you and your family."

"That's one way to put it..." she replied before exhaling deeply, "thank you, Dr. Andersen."

"My pleasure, Your Majesty. I'll put in a call to Dr. Ramirez and get the ball rolling on that front. You should expect a call from her soon."

"Thank you, I appreciate it."

"Of course."

"Now I have one helluva bomb to drop on my husband."

"Good luck."

She scoffed.

"Yeah, I'm going to need it."

Shanelle watched her doctor as he walked out of her office. Leaving her alone with her racing thoughts.

"What the fuck?! How the fuck?! When the fuck?! Where the fuck?! Who the fuck?! Why the fuck?!"

She couldn't believe it. She just couldn't believe it. She's pregnant. Again. For a third time.

"I'm pregnant?! I'm pregnant! Me! I'm having a baby?! I'm having a baby! Holy Shit! I'm having a fucking baby! How the fuck did this happen?! How did I wind up pregnant?!"

She looked at the picture of her whole world on her desk. Her loving husband and the little girl that has had her heart since she gave birth to her. The two beats of her heart. The two people she would crush the world for. Her perfect family of three will now be four. And she has no idea how it happened.

Well...she knows how it happened. She just doesn't know when it happened. She was pulled from her thoughts by a knock on the door.

"My Queen?"

It was Margo Geaneaux. Shanelle's lead attendant.

"Yes, Margo?"

"It's almost time to go pick up the Princess from her piano lessons."

"Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me."

"Are you alright, My Queen?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just...distracted."