Chapter 12.

Best Birthday Ever.

This fic features artwork commissioned by me and is NOT for reuse! Please do not edit or use it in any way without my permission.

It was finally October. This means Shanelle had just a few more weeks until her Princes made their worldly debut. In the meantime, it's celebration time for the Royal Family.

Khari was turning 5 and her parents were still in disbelief. Their little girl was growing up right in front of them. And her personality was budding. According to her mother, Khari ran the palace.

"Daddy I want a big parade and party for my birthday this year," Khari said to Marquise over breakfast.

Marquise raised an eyebrow at his daughter as he sipped his coffee.

"Little girl, do you have 'Daddy I want a big parade and party for my birthday this year' money?" Shanelle asked.

"No, but Daddy does," Khari replies.

Marquise made a face.

"My love, do I look like an ATM to you?" he asked Khari.

"Yep. ATM stands for All The Money. And you have all the money, Daddy." Khari replies.

Shanelle cackled. Marquise just stared at Khari.

"Do we have a deal?" Khari asked.

Marquise smiled tightly as he leaned in close to his daughter.

"Finish your breakfast then go put your uniform on and get ready for school," Marquise said to Khari through clenched teeth.

"Okay. We'll talk about it later." Khari said as she finished her breakfast.

Marquise watched his daughter walk out of the dining room before turning to his wife who was still laughing.

"Did you put her up to this?!" he asked Shanelle.

"No, I didn't put her up to this," she replied.

Marquise squinted.

"Yes, you did!"

"No, I did not!"

He gave her a side-eye.

"I didn't!" Shanelle protested.

Marquise shook his head.

"She is worse than you are. I'm supposed to be raising the next Monarch, not a gold digger!" Marquise complained.

"Oh stop complaining. Besides, you only turn 5 once."

Marquise shook his head.

"It's bad enough she's getting a photoshoot for her birthday now she expects me to empty the treasury for her."

"I'm still not hearing why you're complaining."

"She thinks I'm made of money!"

She shrugged.

"I mean technically..."

Marquise groaned.

"You're not helping!"

Shanelle kissed her husband on his cheek.

"You're such a grumpy teddy bear."

Marquise grumbled into his coffee.

Later as Khari got ready to leave she had to say goodbye. She wrapped her daddy in the biggest hug she could muster.

"Bye-bye, Daddy! I love you!" she said sweetly.