Chapter 13.

A Royal Debut.

Marquise felt like time had stood still. He couldn't breathe. His palms were sweaty. His heart raced. He was in total shock.

"Your Majesty?" Dr. Ramirez asks.

He blinked himself back to reality.

"Say hello to your son, my King."

He looked at his wife's OB and it still didn't register.

Not until she placed the tiny newborn in his arms.

"Congratulations to you and Her Majesty."

He looked down at the baby in his arms.

"My son...my son..."

He gently ran his thumb over the soft skin of the baby's cheek.

"You're here. You're really here."

His vision blurred as his eyes welled up with tears.

"My boy. My sweet beautiful boy. You're here." he said as he broke down into tears.

His dream had finally come true. Shanelle had given birth to their eldest son. And the baby boy was safe in his arms. While his heart celebrated the birth of his second son, it also still mourns the death of his first.

"Look at you. Look at how beautiful you are." he said as he cried, "You're so tiny. And so precious."

Marquise didn't want to put him down but he knew his wife was anxious to hold him. He gently placed the baby in her arms where she lost it.

"My baby. My beautiful baby. You're here. You're real." she said as she cradled their son.

This was an answered prayer. They prayed for this moment. Ever since they lost their first child. And now that prayer has been answered.

"Your Majesties?" their nurse asked, breaking their reverie.

Shanelle looked up at the nurse.

"Do you have a name for your son?" she asks.

Shanelle nodded as she took a steadying breath.

"Yes. His name is Kylo Jeremiah Rys." Shanelle replies.

The nurse nodded as she wrote his name down.

"Very well. I will register his name and give you both a few minutes. We still have one more to go."

Shanelle nodded before looking down at their son.

"Kylo Jeremiah Rys," she whispered.

Marquise wrapped his arms around her and their baby.

"First Prince Of Cordonia." Marquise quipped.

Shanelle smiled tearily.

"Eldest Son Of The King Of Cordonia."

"First Heir Of The Queen Of Cordonia."

"First Heir Of The Queen?" she asks.

"Yes. The twins are officially your heirs to the throne. After all, The Royal Family is essentially two families in one. And Because Khari is my heir to the throne. Or at least the boys will be once the paperwork is filed. So no one can say our children aren't the heirs."

Shanelle smiled softly at her husband.

"Congratulations my love, you finally have your son."

Marquise looked at her as she held the baby close to her heart.

"All because of you. You gave me our son. This beautiful boy is here because of you."

"I don't want to let him go. I just want to stay in this moment forever."