~24~ Sylvie Quinn

I wake up the next morning to Holden knocking on my door.

"Jules, we have to be at the airport soon and there's a stop I wanna make first. You have half an hour to get ready and finish packing, girly."

I look up at the ceiling and wait for the sadness to hit. This is officially the last time I'll ever be here, yet it doesn't hurt like I thought.

I'm excited to hang out with Kenna

I take a shower in the huge waterfall beautifulness one last time, enjoying the water pressure...unlike Holden's shower back home where the water basically just drips. When I throw the remaining things I want to take in my bag, I fight tears when kitty is coming with me this time.

I miss you so much, Reggie

"Ready?" Holden asks as he sticks his head in, and I simply nod.

He takes my suitcase and walks downstairs, setting it next to his and Tate's. "Ready Tate?"

"Yeah," Tate says as he scans the foyer one last time and blows out a breath. "Let's go."

~*~

The chauffeur drives us to an area I'm not familiar with. It's on a rundown side of town, and I look at Holden confused.

Where is he taking us?

When we get to a cemetery, I feel sick to my stomach—He's taking us to see dad...And I don't want to.

"Where the hell are we?" Tate groans as he looks out the window.

"No cussing around the dead, Tate," Holden admonishes as he gets out and holds the door for us. As we walk down the path, I'm officially creeped. There's dead bodies surrounding us.

He walks to a plot that looks pretty fresh, with the mound of dirt not yet settled and grass not yet growing. When I look at the simple marker resting in the ground, I start to cry.

Reginald Watson

"Cook!" I say through my tears as my eyes become blurry and my breathing heavy. I fall to the ground and run my hands through the dirt, sobbing so hard I'm afraid I'll disturb him.

Holden sits with me as he rubs my back, and Tate sits on the other side of the mound, hesitantly putting his hand on top of the dirt too.

"Thanks for loving them, Cook," Holden says in a tight voice as he continues to rub my back and I continue to cry.

"Thanks for being my best friend," I get out as I lay my face on the dirt, wishing more than anything it was his chest I was resting on instead. I wish more than anything he could hug me once more. One more "Miz Julianne."

I miss him more than words.

When I finally sit up, I can tell that I've taken some earth with me from the wetness of my tears, but I don't care as I stand.

"You ready to go?" Holden asks.

"Almost. I'll be right back."

I run to the limo and get in the trunk, fishing out my bag. As much as I want kitty, it doesn't feel right taking him. We promised that Reggie would take care of him until I saw him again....A promise is a promise.

When I bring kitty back with me, Holden's eyes widen in surprise.

"Are you sure you want to do this Annie? Somebody will probably steal it. Or an animal will destroy it...Or the weather will......"