~51~ Hotter Than Hell

Julianne's POV

Holden finally gets to the pool after we've been swimming for quite a while, and we look at him in confusion.

"What the hell took so long?" Tate asks as we watch him put his towel on the chair and take off his shoes.

"Sorry, something I ate must not have set well. Good news! The plumbing here works!"

Gross

"Where's Quinn?" Tate asks

"She took a phone call, and said she'd just give us some time to hang. What? Am I not good enough?" He smirks as he takes a running leap and cannon balls into the pool, making water slosh out the sides and pelt us in the face.

"Asshole," Tate spits as water chokes him, and when Holden gets to the surface he cackles in such a carefree way that we both stop and stare at him.

We never get to see this side of him anymore

He grins at Tate, and then silently dunks him into the water. Tate doesn't come up right away, and when Holden starts looking around for him, he lets out a curse and falls back.

"Looking for these," Tate grins as he waves his trunks around in the air.

"CHEAP! You really wanna see my ass again? Give 'em!" He laughs as he discreetly covers himself in the water.

Tate contemplates throwing them on the opposite side, but realizes that he doesn't want to see his ass, and throws them back.

Holden smirks as he gets them back on, and dunks Tate again for good measure.

Then he comes over to me and picks me up, throwing me as far as he can.

I laugh when I come up, feeling light and happy.

I haven't swam with my brothers since I was a little girl—And I didn't realize how much I missed it.

We swim for about an hour, and when we finally come back up to the hotel room we shower and I crash on the bed.

I'm so tired—In the best kind of way

~*~

"Quinn, does this look okay?" I ask the next day as we get ready for the wedding.

She looks at my dress and shakes her head. "I think it's tied wrong," she says as she makes a spinning motion with her finger so she can fix the tie in the back.

She grins when she's done inspecting and nods. "You look beautiful."

I smirk at her and finish getting myself ready.

"I think I'm nervous. You've never had anything good to say about your family," Holden says as he tucks his dress shirt into his black pants.

She shrugs as she finishes buckling her tall, red stiletto. She goes over and he grins big as he places a hand on each of her hips.

"There you are! You're easier to kiss at this height," he smirks as he bends and kisses her.

"Keep it in your pants," Tate mutters.

"You really making a crack about my height?" She asks, acting completely offended.

"Yup. You're a shrimp."

"A shrimp who's about to stick a stiletto up your ass!"

He holds up his hands in defense. "I didn't say that shrimps aren't fiesty..They'd have to be to survive....Oh wait....."

"You're hilarious," she says, and he bends down and kisses her head.

"And you're perfect," he whispers.