~46~ No Deluxe For You!

It's been a few days since the ultimatum, and we are going to work with Holden at the bar. This is actually the first shift he's had since the game night, and I can tell he's nervous.

"Are you going to tell her what Brandy said?" Tate asks as he comes up behind Holden, who is putting on his belt and fixing his shirt.

"What?" Holden asks as he grabs a piece of gum off of the counter and sticks it in his mouth.

"That your girlfriend won't let you be friends with her anymore......"

Holden chews on his Spearmint for a moment, popping it with his tongue.

"Tate, I need you to butt out..Don't say a word to Sylvie about it..Let me take care of it. Please?"

"Take care of it how?" He asks as he raises his eyebrows and grabs a piece of gum for himself.

"I don't......" he blows out a breath and pops his gum again. "I'm not sure, but you adding in your commentary isn't going to be helpful."

"You know, if I had my phone back, I'd be too preoccupied to butt in....."

Holden raises his eyebrows as he pops his gum, and the sound is seriously driving me crazy. "You trying to blackmail me, brother?"

Tate simply gives him a grin, and shrugs. "I'm just saying, that......"

Holden grabs him by the arm and spins him, bending him over his left arm and putting his right hand on Tate's thigh. "You trying to blackmail me?"

Tate sighs and shakes his head. "No"

"Good," Holden says as he swats him in a warning once, and then let's him go.

"You didn't need to do that," Tate grumbles as he rubs his butt and grabs his book bag off of the chair.

Holden rolls his eyes as he looks at me. "You too, Annie. No butting in. Let me take care of this."

I glare at him as I flip my hair off of my shoulder and put my book bag strap where my hair just was. "Don't worry, Holden...I always stay out of your life...."

"Jules, I didn't mean......." He sighs and pops his gum.

"And for the love of all that's holy, STOP popping your damn gum. It's driving me insane!" I snap as I slip on my shoes.

Tate chuckles as he wraps his arm around my shoulders. "Ignore her...She's always a crab when it's her time of the month!"

I see red and push him off of me. "Unless you have a uterus, don't talk about mine, asshole!"

"Woah!" Holden mutters as he pulls me into a hug. "Are you okay? You do seem on edge today....."

"I'm fine! I'm the only girl in a house full of boys, and said boys think they need to talk about my vagina!"

"Ew...Pretty sure I never said anything about your...ew I can't even say the word," Tate grimaces.

Holden clears his throat uncomfortably and looks like he's blushing slightly. "Jules....Nobody is.....damn, can we just go? I want to get tonight over with. Tate, don't talk about her periods again."

I roll my eyes as we leave, and walk ahead of them. I hear Tate muttering to Holden "she's definitely on it though...She's a raging bi......."

"TATE!" He growls

He sighs, but wisely says nothing else as we walk to the bar.

~*~

We get in and Nico does a little dance. "Whoop whoop, my favorite family is finally here!!!!"