Chapter 3: Mission

Hanji's POV

The chopper ascended from the building where I was before, emanating a loud sound in the air. That made the undeads go even wilder, jumping across the roof as if it would help them on reaching us. The pilot did a turn which almost made the chopper go entirely on its side when one zombie almost got his hands on the landing skid of the chopper.

"Fuck it Gunther" A man behind me yelled. "When would you drive more safe- ack!" He was cut off when the chopper made another harsh turn. Everyone inside held at something as it tried to hover in the air on balance. The man who was speaking earlier, raised his head and to my shock, his mouth had blood on its side which he immediately wiped.

"That's what you get for talking too much Oluo" An orange haired woman teasingly said before she continued typing on her laptop. While everyone around me seemed to be calm as they even managed to joke around, my whole body was shaking so hard from all the trauma and fear that I felt earlier. All in just a few hours, I killed a man, I watched my best friend die, and I ran across the rooftop with undeads sprinting behind me. Now, I am with a squad of soldiers, all equipped with guns and kevlars, who all don't seem to be shaken even in this kind of situation.

"Hey" a blonde man with slightly longer hair tied behind his head, tapped me on my shoulder which made me flinch. "Are you okay doctor Zoe? You seemed to have been shaking for minutes already" He asked me but I didn't manage to answer him back. My mind could not register any words to say to him while every fiber of my muscles could not contract to atleast give him a nod. I just stared at him, my eyes reflecting all the fear that has been in my system ever since the chaos broke out.

"Let her be for now Private Jinn" their captain muttered as he reloaded his smg. "She has seen far too much chaos inside that building. Our doctor might still be in shock" He said and then he looked at me straight in my eyes. I just bowed my head to hide my expressions which are now a mix of embarrassment, fear, and disorder.

Their captain is right tho. Every emotion in my body that screams fear has been mixed up. I can't even cry, yell, or lash out right now because my body has just become a vessel of agony.

"Shit!" The pilot cursed before the whole chopper slided to the right. The back part of it seemed to have hit something for the vehicle thrusted from the impact making everyone tumble to the side. I crashed on the chest of the first man beside me, which is their captain, when I skidded. But instead of pushing me away, he covered his arms at my head when I almost hit it on one of the panels in the chopper.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded and tried to push myself away from him when the chopper suddenly shook so hard that it just threw me back to his chest. Everyone gasped as they tried to hold to the bars of the chairs, panic registering in their faces. "What the fuck happened Schultz" Their captain shouted when the shaking became more severe.

"Our back rotor hit the electric tower earlier Sir. But I am trying to control it atleast until we reach the headquarters" The pilot shouted back.

I took a peek from the window to see what happened and I think every blood in my body just got drained when I saw a burning jet crash in a building. It resulted in a huge explosion which made my ear almost rip. The pilot must have tried to avoid that from crashing to us but unfortunately, it caused some damages on our own chopper.

"You idiot!" Their captain yelled as he pushed his body up, lifting me back to my seat in the process. "This fucking chopper won't last that long. We have to find at least a safe spot to crash" He instructed the pilot who started to look at his radar. He clicked a few buttons on the panel above his head before he once again got his hands on the cyclic of the chopper.

"I placed the coordinates towards the city river sir!" He turned the chopper to the left, bringing all of our bodies to slide on the same side. "100 meters from the coordinates'' He yelled towards us. Everyone inside started gearing themselves up, including the orange haired woman who closed her laptop and removed her headphones. She placed it inside her waterproof military bag while everyone else adjusted their gears and gun to themselves. They seemed to have been getting ready for something which I don't have any idea of.