Chapter 8: Escape

Levi's POV

My eyes refuse to believe the sight underneath me right now. The gate is broken, the house was run over and the undeads are now accumulating inside the compound of Hanji's house. It was just hours ago when all of us had the taste of peace and safety yet something like this happened. Situations are really becoming shittier as days go by.

"Captain!" a male voice half-yelled from the doorway followed by a series of running steps. Hanji and I looked in that direction seeing my squad panting by the entrance of the room. Gunther leaned at the door and placed his hand over his chest as he talked once again. "Captain.. the undead are here!"

I tsked as I threw him a glare. "I can see the situation Schultz. You don't have to fucking repeat the kind of shit we are in right now" I irritatingly said before I picked up my gun from the floor. I am aware that I have to think of a way to get us out of this trouble but no matter how much I place my mind in it, I can't seem to make one. All the frustration, piss, and restlessness dominates my mind and the loud groaning from outside is just making it all worse.

"When we just need to wait for 5 fucking hours, this happened! Who the hell were those idiots that even did the mess downstairs?" I angrily asked before I pulled the slide of my gun. Gunther, who was unfamiliar with my state when I was in deep anger, took a step back and shook his head.

"I-I don't know the captain... But there are two people. A guy and a woman who both look dead right now" he explained. I hissed and harshly brushed my hand over my face. If I could just at least beat the crap out of them, I would be greatly satisfied but death took those opportunities from me. This is so sickening.

A hand suddenly landed on my shoulders. I removed my palm from my face and turned my head to look at it, before I raised it up and met Hanji's smiling expression. Her face was calm and despite the situation, she seemed fine and unshaken. Seeing her like that just made my system grow relaxed for an unknown reason.

"Calm down Levi" she said, patting my shoulders. "You won't be able to think properly if you are too angry," Hanji said as she removed her hand and turned it to look at her wristwatch. "It is still 1 am and I don't think that we can hold this place out till morning. We have to get out" she suggested before she turned her head at me. I gritted my teeth.

"How do you suggest we get out then? We have no ride, our ammunition is low, and we have a fucking liability in your office!" I told her while, trying to control the annoyance which is starting to grow inside of me once again. Hanji rolled her eyes as she let out a breath.

"I told you to calm down didn't I?" she talked back while looking at me with an eyebrow raised. "In terms of vehicle, we actually have one..... tho it is just slightly crashed as of the moment" Hanji laughed nervously as my eyes grew wide with her suggestion.

"Are you crazy? We don't even know if the van downstairs is working" I exasperatingly pointed out.

Hanji shrugged her shoulders. "Well, it made its way down there didn't it? So it must still be in pretty good shape" she answered in an obvious manner. "And we don't have the privilege to justify which is possible or not right now since everything that is happening to us lately is clearly unreasonable yet here we are" The four eyes left my side after that and she then went towards Gunther who was watching us argue in shock. He was broken out of his thoughts when Hanji placed her hand on his shoulder and smiled at him. "Do you think you can fix the junk downstairs?" she asked him. His eyes grew wide and he immediately shook his head.

"I don't know doctor... unless I see the kind of mess it is in right now" he replied and Hanji just grew more and more amused.

"Let's head down then. Petra and I will prepare Eld for departure while you and Oluo will work with the van" Hanji instructed and to my surprise, Gunther fucking saluted her.