Chapter 8

☆☆☆

"Where are you staying while you're in town?" Raina shoved her hands into the pockets of her robe. They'd cleaned up after the interlude on the couch. Harry had put his clothes on but was sans shoes. As it was late, she'd put on her pajamas and a robe. She could barely keep her eyes open.

"I was hoping to stay with you."

Raina paused in the middle of a yawn. That statement jolted her awake. There was only one bedroom. She slept in the master and she'd turned her old room into a hobby room of sorts. Harry was too big for her couch.

"I only have the one bed."

"Sounds good." He said in a deep sexy growl.

"Um..."

"Raina, I'll take no more from you than you'll willingly give."

Absorbing those words as a promise, she took a deep breath and nodded. "Um, I might have a spare tooth brush I got from the dentist around here somewhere." She studied his five o'clock shadow. "But I don't have a razor."

"Don't worry about it. I'll get my bag out of my truck. Be right back."

"Okay. I'll just... go get ready for bed."

Staring at herself in the bathroom mirror seconds later, Raina tried not to panic. She'd never spent the night with a man before. Taking a deep breath, she examined her feelings. She wasn't afraid. She was... excited about waking up with Harry in her bed.

That sorted out, she felt much better and commenced with her nightly routine. She brushed her teeth and washed her face. She heard Harry enter the bedroom as she applied moisturizer to her face and arms. Hurriedly, she brushed her hair and twisted it into a bun.

Harry sat on the end of the bed waiting for her. He dwarfed what had been to her a luxuriously spacious queen-sized bed. They would end up cuddling, she realized. There was no other option. Harry would take up half the mattress. And his feet would hang over the edge.

When she would have slid into bed on the side closest to the door where she usually slept, he gently guided her to the other side.

"I sleep closest to the door. I'm your protection." He said.

She didn't object as it didn't matter to her. She put her robe at the foot of the bed and climbed under the covers. "And... what do I need protecting from?"

"Intruders." He said.

"Suppose they come through the window?"

"I'd hear them opening the window." He shrugged. "I'd hear them come through the front door as well. I'm a light sleeper."

"This is a safe area. We all know each other here."

"I'm sure. Still, I sleep closest to the door. Humor me. It'll make me feel better."

He rooted around in his duffel and pulled out a smaller bag before heading for the bathroom. She could hear the sounds of him brushing his teeth. A few minutes later he exited.

She turned on the bedside lamp. "Could you turn off the light?"

"Sure."

He stripped down to his briefs. He tossed his clothing on top of his bag before going to turn off the light. Raina marveled at the sight of his broad shoulders and slim waist. The movement of the muscles in his back and thighs was hypnotic.

He turned and she was staring at how his cock filled his briefs. Oh, dear sweet Lord... The man could never be an underwear model. It would be obscene.