Chapter 12

☆☆☆

Raina woke from her nap still wrapped in Harry's arms. She was completely naked but so cozy and warm. This was the best nap she'd ever had.

She giggled when she ran her foot over his calf and discovered his jeans and underwear tangled around his ankles.

He squeezed her. "You got me so worked up that I forgot to step out of them." He kissed the top of her head and then rolled to his feet. He reached down and pulled up his jeans. "I'm glad you woke up. I'm starving."

Her stomach rumbled. "Me, too."

"I've got some venison stew."

She moaned. "That sounds delicious."

He smiled, his eyes performing a leisurely stroll over her naked form. "I'll warm it up while you get dressed." He picked up his t-shirt and put it on.

"Oh, yeah." She peered over the edge of the bed at the remnants of her clothing. It'd been hot in the moment, but she didn't have that large of a wardrobe that she could allow him to destroy her clothing on a regular basis. "I'll just find something else to wear and be right down."

He nodded.

She hadn't put away any of her clothes yet. They were still in her suitcase at the bottom of Harry's closet. She briefly considered taking a shower, but found that she liked being covered in Harry's scent. She dressed casually in a pink t-shirt and jeans.

Harry was placing the bowls of steaming stew on the table when she got downstairs. Her stomach rumbled at the mouthwatering aroma.

"You're a really good cook." She said after her first mouthful.

He shrugged. "Only when it comes to meat."

"I don't know. Your pancakes were so light and fluffy."

"Okay. I do well with meat and breakfast food."

She smiled. "Let me get this straight. You're an excellent cook. You're as patient as the day is long. You're a pushover when it comes to family. Are you sure you're the Alpha of your pack?"

"And I'd do anything for you."

Warmth stole over her cheeks. "And you're sweet."

"The 'a' in Alpha doesn't stand for asshole. I hate to disillusion you, but don't fit me for my halo just yet. We're a peaceful pack. I don't often have to assert my dominance. Ordering people around, micromanaging, only leads to discontent and restlessness. But I do demand loyalty always... and submission when needed."

She nodded. "Like during mealtimes."

"You should be thanking me. My brother may be small, but you'll starve if you count on him to leave you anything but scraps."

Raina laughed. "He is not small."

He shrugged. "Maybe not to you." He finished his stew and stood. "How about a walk? I'd like you to see our land."

She liked the way he said our. "I'd love to."

Once outside, Harry led her to the back yard. A large circular area had been cleared. There were a couple of wooden picnic tables under the trees. On the back patio, there was a gleaming stainless-steel grill. She didn't know much about grills, but she thought it looked expensive. It was certainly big.

Harry linked his fingers with hers. Raina couldn't recall holding hands with anyone since high school.

She followed him as they reached the edge of the clearing and he continued into the woods. "Does this part belong to you as well?"