12

AMIRAH KAYMONI STYLES

"where you said you was going again?" kodie asked over the phone as i applied my earrings into my ear

"a family cookout." i answered picking my phone up off the counter sink and walking out of the bathroom. "i needa find my airpods.." i thought to myself.

"bring me a plate back." he responded making me look down at the facetime call.

"you fat."

"cookout food just hit." he shrugged before moving his mouth weirdly once more as he did before.

"why you keep doing that with your mouth?"

"braces hurt." he responded back.

putting my shoes on i ended up seeing my airpod case under my bed after getting my other shoe from under it. smiling to myself i put them in seeing that they were halfway charged and connected to my phone.

"cmon amirah!" i heard my mom say from downstairs.

"ima call you back later." i looked down at my screen seeing that it was on pause but came back with his face fully in the camera.

he mugged me for a second. "why i can't stay on the phone?"

i straight faced him before ending the call.

walking down the stairs i saw my mom looking through her purse while the door was held open. "whatcha looking for?" i asked standing outside of the door seeing my dad already in the car in the driveway waiting on us.

"my brush." she answered. "it's so much stuff in this damn purse.."

"i got a wig brush upstairs." i told her and she looked up and huffed.

"go get it."

•••

"ain't nowhere to park round here." i heard my dad say as i turned the music i had playing a lil lower looking up seeing that we were at my grandmas house.