29. 𝗼𝗵, 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗶 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂

THE DARK WITCH WAS FUMING.

Like, really fuming.

Eszter scowled as she escaped as far as she could from Wanda, letting her legs drag her anywhere in Westview as long as it created a significant enough distance to give Eszter some air to breathe. She knew Pietro was following her because he'd shout her name here and there, suggesting they get ice cream or get something to eat, but Eszter continued to ignore him like he wasn't there. Eszter didn't want to do anything but get away for a moment to collect her thoughts. For a second, Eszter nearly lost control of her powers as she'd done a couple of minutes ago, but the witch reeled in her anger and bottled it inside.

     After some time wandering the streets, Eszter wound up in the park, sitting on a bench with her head falling into her hands in defeat. All the voices in Eszter's head were getting louder and louder, begging to be let free, but the witch tried so hard to keep them at bay; the demons within her were itching to surface and wreak havoc, wanting to quench the witch's thirst of total control. However, Eszter remained in complete control as she tamed her thoughts and fought against the echoing voices, feeling her head pound intensely with deep frustration. Eszter hates these intrusive thoughts, but the witch realizes they will never go away because they grow stronger and stronger, trying to get Eszter to unleash hell everywhere.

     The witch sucked in a deep breath, hoping to put her mind at ease but was disappointed when the anger boiled in her belly; the flame wouldn't diminish even if she tried, cooking the long overdue bitterness.

     Eszter clutched her head and let herself be swallowed by silence; the witch practically fisted her head tightly into her small hands, tempted to smack the voices right out of her head. However, Eszter just tried her best to dwell too hard on them, but that was easier said than done, if she's being honest.

     "Ah, there's my little sister-witch."

     Eszter hadn't heard anyone sneaking up on her, but she felt her bones jump out of her skin when her silence was interrupted brother's new stupid accent.

"You scared me," Eszter huffed in annoyance, but when Pietro gave her a smug smile, the witch swore she'd punch him for every time he annoys her during the night of Halloween. Wait, what did he say? "What did you just call me?"

     "I thought you were heading home," Pietro approached the bench and claimed the spot beside Eszter.

     She sighed. "Did she make you find me to tell me I can't stay here anymore?" Eszter didn't want to appear like she was so affected by Wanda's comment, but the teen was hurt by the way her sister treated her. Sure, things looked terrible back there, but Eszter would never do anything that would intentionally upset Wanda like that. "You can tell her she can back off. If she's so worried that I'll ruin everything, then she better get off my back before I give her a reason to be pissed."

     But Pietro cackled in response, throwing his arms in the air to show Eszter he was no threat. "Someone's cranky," he tried to joke, but Eszter merely stared at him with a grumpy frown. Pietro huffed, rolling his eyes playfully. "She didn't send me, so don't take that out on me," Pietro eyed his sister warily. "I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

     Eszter didn't put up a fight for much longer because she secretly wanted someone to comfort her. That's sad; Eszter has never felt so defeated as she does now, and the way her life feels so depressing. To think, years ago, she was so happy. Even months ago, after the battle with Thanos, Eszter was content around her friends, but she let her grief and anger consume her and ruin the little good she had left.

     Was Eszter alright? Sometimes, she wondered how well she's been since the upcoming of her powers, which spiraled out of control, and she couldn't land safely. When her world leveled, one pebble tipped the saw, and everything fell apart; Eszter couldn't put the pieces back together when the world viewed the witch as some dangerous being. No one liked Eszter. Losing more and more people, she considered her family was too traumatizing, bringing back old memories and reminding Eszter that she'll never get back what she once lost. Her idea of a family isn't forever. She always managed to put up a smile like she wasn't being slandered by the world, being ripped apart and picked at, but all Eszter could do was act like their words didn't hurt.