Introductory

Acknowledgments

To my loving parents, Major Sudheer Anandath and Captain Babitha Anandath, who did not overlook this work as a mere 'retelling' and understood the potential of the story it had to tell the world.
To my little sister, Geetika Anandath, whose comments, recommendations and criticisms helped develop my work.
To Captain Abhaya Nath Tiwari, author of Self-Knowledge: A Critical Factor for Self Transformation, who listened to my ideas at length and held my hand when I needed it the most by guiding me through the world of book marketing, even though our endeavors were not successful.
To Mrs. Sahana Ahemed, author of Combat Skirts, for familiarizing a new author like myself with traditional publishing and teaching me how to write a query letter, synopsis, and contact literary agents.
To the Grammarly editor, whose suggestions, revisions, and polishing touches shined my manuscript like an army boot.
To Mr. Juan Pedro Muñoz, for the spectacular illustration of the cover for Part One and the painstaking efforts he put in to capture every detail.
To Ms. Diana Laudando, for the awe-inspiring character illustrations and scene creation for the cover of Part Two.
To Mr. Nick Russ and Ms. Yanina Sol Sidelski, whose impassioned voices breathed life into one of the most evocative scenes in my story.
To Astitwa Das, my dedicated proofreader.
To everyone else who contributed to this book.
And last but never the least, to God and time, without whose will and availability this project would have never been possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About The Author

Dhruv Anandath is a writer, violinist, and pianist. He has authored the travelogue Convoy To Wonderla. A student, Dhruv has spent the last decade reading children's fiction, military history, and writing short stories, giving his characters a touch of savoir faire, humor, and unique personalities. Dhruv has a keen interest in northern Europe, especially Scandinavia and Russia. He can speak Russian, Norwegian, German, and two Indian languages. He is a lifelong aircraft aficionado and a devoted hobbyist of subjects like world history and politics, foreign culture and tradition, manned spaceflight, and western classical music.