Chapter 20

Lisa takes a deep breath of cold air

Lisa takes a deep breath of cold air. It's freezing outside at Pitkin County Airport. They are arriving in Aspen after a six hour flight. Jungkook and Chanyeol talk to the driver of their van and call Lisa to give her luggage to him and get into the van.

It's night at Aspen and she can see city lights mix with snow all around the buildings. It's like she experienced Christmas early. All the way to their resort Lisa is still nervous to imagine meeting his family and Jungkook notices her daydreaming. Jungkook holds her hand and intertwines their fingers for the rest of their way.

They arrived at The Little Nell Resort. It's a five star hotel plus residence and apartment, The resort kind of a big complex. Lisa get out from the van with help from Jungkook holding her hand, suddenly there's a man in a suit approach him. Jungkook turned around and was a little startled since the guy only approached him without making any sound but he knew who he was.

"Oh, hi Carl. Jin hyung invited you?" Jungkook shook his hand.

"Yes, Mr. Jeon. I'm very good at skiing so Mr. Kim invited me to teach him and I'm here to serve all the Jeon-Kim family members." He said.

Carl is a driver from Jeon-Kim Tech Industries from their factory branch in the US. Whenever grandpa Kim or Jin has to visit a manufacturing factory here he always accompanies them. He is kind of like a driver, butler, and bodyguard. He's willing to do anything.

"And this is?" Carl pointing his hand to Lisa. Jungkook jolted up and realized he wasn't introducing Lisa to him. "This is Lalisa Manoban or Lisa, my girlfriend." Jungkook put his hand on her back to nudge her closely to Carl. Meanwhile, Carl is surprised because this is the first time Jungkook brings a girl to a family event.

Whenever there's an event in the US or Europe a year ago, he always flies alone but he's glad Jungkook will introduce Lisa to his family. "Hello, nice to meet you." She smiles widely and is still confused about who he is. "Hello my name is Carl, i'm here to serve all Jeon-Kim family members, if you have something in mind or need help just call me." He smiled.

Lisa must admit, Carl is really huge. He's more than a driver, he's like a bodyguard who's used to serving in the army. She can clearly see his vein on his hand when she shook his hand and also his grip is firm. If he grips a little harder, Lisa is so sure her hand will crush.

"I think we should go, all family members are waiting for dinner at Ajax Tavern." Carl leads their way to the restaurant inside. Jungkook suddenly holds her hand and gets sweaty a bit, making Lisa startled and jumps a little. They walk to a restaurant side by side.

"Don't worry, I'm here." Jungkook whispers in her ears, Lisa smiles at him but she is clearly nervous. When three of them arrive at the restaurant, they see a long table prepared for a big family.

Yugyeom who sits on the edge of the table notices someone walking in and standing up right away. "Hello, that's my man!" Yugyeom hugged both Jungkook and Chanyeol while Lisa just stared at the three on the back. Yugyeom notices Lisa's presence and releases their hugs, he approaches Lisa and offers a handshake.