Chapter 41

"This is getting out of hand

"This is getting out of hand." Jin said to Jungkook.

He spread some evidence. "You know why Fai , who represents our parents' case, suddenly didn't appeal? Because his girlfriend got threatened."

"What? How?" Jungkook raised his eyebrows.

"Right after the man who ordered the plane to crash got his sentence. His girlfriend was in a car accident, they said the break was broken. Fai thought someone would try to warn him." Jin said. While he's thinking about it, he suddenly remembers Lisa's accident.

He got up from the cafeteria in the hospital, run to her room.

"LISA!" He yells when he opens the door. Lisa is eating with Jisoo on her bed. "Yes? Are you alright? Why were you running?" Lisa asked.

"How can you get drowned?" Lisa widens her eyes. She doesn't remember exactly how, but she felt someone pushed her. "I got hit by the bicycle on my back."

"Did the person reach out to you to apologize? Or someone came to either Jisoo noona, Yoongi hyung, or Taehyung hyung?" Jungkook interrogates her. Jisoo and Lisa shake their heads.

'It's his turn now. They hurt the person he loves the most.'

"Jungkook, what happened? Tell me please." Lisa pleaded. Jungkooo signs in frustration, he walks closely to her and sits on the corner of her bed. "Do you think it's odd that someone bumps you and doesn't realize you fell? Anyone can't be that dumb, don't you think?" He can't say directly that someone hurt her by accident, he didn't dare to say it. It's too hurtful.

Lisa and Jisoo stare at each other, and after a while they widen their eyes, and snap their heads to him. Lisa panicked, and suddenly her breath hitched. She can't breathe. Someone targeted her.

Her tears are streaming down her eyes, and she breathes hardly. "No, no, why? Jungkook? It can't be—my baby?" Lisa is freaking out. Will her baby be in danger?

Jungkook rushed to her and hugged her immediately. Jisoo walks away so they can have a moment to digest all of this. She decided to go to Jin for an explanation.

"Baby, sshh, that's okay, I'm here. I stop, okay? I'm backing away from it, okay? For us. Only for you." He caresses her head while Lisa cries out loud on his chest.

He panicked too, he suddenly imagined Lisa was drowning in that river with no one's help. But, something caught his mind again. He releases their hugs, and sits on a chair.

"Lisa." He calls her with devastation all around his face.

"Why did you let yourself drown that day?" Lisa was taken aback by his question.

"You can swim, Lisa. Why don't you swim to the surface?" Jungkook asked her again.

She can't answer it. Not because she doesn't know her answer but she can't tell him what she felt that day. That day when she's feeling unwanted. That moment came back to her mind again.