Chapter 26

Lisa stares at her champagne in front of her while sitting on a table alone, everyone seems to enjoy dancing to classical music Taehyung requested from a local artist in New York, with help of Chaeyoung, she knows who's the best

When she stared at the glass blankly, someone approached her sitting beside her. She didn't notice at first, she just thought maybe another guest who she didn't know was on the same table as her. "I thought the birthday party was supposed to be a joyful one." The person who sounds like a man beside her speaking.

"Well, it's not me who gets old so yeah, i don't have to put my fake smile in front of them" Lisa said as she was still not in the mood to take a glance of a person who was beside her.

"I thought since you're Ms. Jennie Kim's best friend will try to be happy for her." Lisa frowned. Why the hell does this guy know she's Jennie's best friend? So she looks beside her, it's Jennie's partner in her case, Fai Khadra. "Oh, you." Lisa seems not interested in him at all, not even wanting to have a conversation with him. Her mind is still on Jungkook.

"You know me?" Fai arches his eyebrows. "As much as you know me too, Mr. Khadra." Fai laughs and disbelieves this girl is a savage. She knows him since Jennie got so pissed days ago that Fai just wanted her to merge her law firm to some company from Australia. "So, why do pretty girls like you put a sad face on a joyful party?"

"Don't even try, i have a boyfriend." Lisa starts getting annoyed by him. "Oh, so it's a lover's quarrel." Fai teased her. "How?", "Well, I'm a lawyer, I'm good at reading someone's lips and tone. if you're not pissed with your boyfriend you just reply back without emphasizing that you have, you only will give a biased answer because for you telling me it's not important since it's not the problem." Fai explained. Lisa raised her eyebrows, wow this guy is just as smart as Jennie.

"You know what, for someone who put her face on Forbes' cover magazine. It must not be just some cheap jealousy or cheating problem. It's beyond that, I bet." Fai starts speaking as he gulps his champagne.

"Yeah if your boyfriend is Jungkook Jeon." Lisa mumbled but Fai is really good at reading lips so he knows what she's talking about. "As in grandson of Jeon-Kim tech founder?" Lisa widens her eyes and suddenly remembers his ability.

"Uhm, yes? Do you know him? Wow, his family is that popular." Lisa mumbled again.

"Oh yeah, especially about their parents' death is tragic the way it should be like that because of a business war." Lisa frowns on why Fai said it's all a plan. "Excuse me? what business war?" Lisa asked. But, Fai seemed not to notice how confused since his eyes focused on people in the center dancing to a jazz band. "Oh yeah, there's a merger competition to get a partner with a tech company in New York, there's like ten Korean companies compete to get 10 billion dollar deal, however how sad was i to not complete their cold case since—"

"You handled their case recently?" Lisa cuts him, that moment Fai finally turns his head to her, realizing her confused face makes him suddenly think she's not knowing anything about it. "Uh, I thought you know? you're his girlfriend right? it's all family gossip." Lisa widens her eyes and stands up. "Excuse me." Lisa searches Jennie on a crowd of people dancing.