Chaper Eleven

Lahni

The sensation in my bones was unprecedented as if it were a scorching day in July.
My stomach was filled with butterflies and my mind was seized by an irresistible euphoria that left no room for doubt, no apprehension, or fear—Just simple bliss. Today's activities were going to include me going to work as well as Eric, then later when we both get off—a date. He was firm that he wanted to take me out on a real date now that we were in a relationship, rather than just engaging in a dominant/submissive dynamic. Although I tell him he needn't indulge me, I must confess that I adore it when he does, for he is the first person ever to be so kind and affectionate towards me, He spares no cost when it comes to me and treated me like royalty.
I can't help but feel curious about what makes me so special to him and why he loves me. Anyone could give him sex, hell I bet there's a line, He's a gentleman, cares about people and he's a businessman with luxury, a woman's wettest dream. Im attractive sure, but I lived a middle-class life until now.  I don't think anything engaging about me sets me apart from the other beautiful women.

Well besides the intense emotional trauma I have but.. that's not exactly a good difference.
I wish my brain didn't feel the need to rationalize someone loving me, it doesn't matter why he does. If I'm special to him I'm just going to accept that. No more questions. A knock broke me out of the avalanche of thoughts scurrying through my brain.

"Ready to go love?" Eric summons me,
I grab my purse and open the door.

"Yes" I smile warmly, he extends his hand out for mine and I eagerly take it as we walk to the car, he opens my door and I slide in. Eric drops me off at the club but not without reminding me I didn't have to return to work if I wasn't ready. But I was ready, I wasn't going to let one thing ruin me.

"You could always come with me"
He offers with a playful pouty lip,
I can't help but laugh and reassure him I'll be fine and will see him later, he tells me he loves me and speeds off. I walk into the club and it's humming, but the weekends always were, so I waste no time getting ready and clocking in for my shift.

Eric

As I drive into the parking garage adjacent to the main club, I head toward the building on foot. Upon reaching the door, I enter my code into the keypad, causing a loud buzz as the door unlocks and opens.

"Boss" My security guy Mark greets closing the door behind me.

"Mark" I walk past him, offering a friendly and welcoming smile.

As the elevator makes a sound, some of my employees emerge, and I greet them before entering and pushing the button that leads me to the floor where my office is located. This floor was strictly off-limits except for select staff who worked up here, the office held sensitive info about our clients, what we do here, and the finances of the business. This was my main building of operations, the fun festivities were downstairs for everyone, while the top half was a secured space. But today, I wasn't on my usual business.
I unlock my office and set my briefcase on my desk.
I had to figure this shit out today, for my comfort and her safety.
I type a few numbers in my business phone and call one of my closest associates, my secretary Penelope.
The line rings a couple of times before she answers.

"Mr.Blackwell?"

"I hate to bother you today but I need you in the office, it can't wait" I breathe out heavily as I speak into the phone.

"No problem sir, I'll be there in ten"

"Thanks, Penelope" We hang up and I wait for her you arrive, when she does I start the video.

It starts quiet, the trail cam shows nothing but the path and leaves rustling in the breeze, crickets singing in the back.

"Sir I don't understand-"

"Keep watching"

Crunching is now heard in the back, and a silhouette in black appears from the side view, creeping into the bushes. It's like that for an hour before Lahni appears on the camera walking innocently, she's enveloped in the scenery, obviously feeling safe where she's at.  She walks right past the bushes that the person is in, a phone is seen being lifted just enough above the hedges that you can see. They're taking pictures or videotaping her as she walks away. Twenty minutes or so pass, I speed the video up, and Lahni walks back passed, on her way to the house. She gets inside and the figure stands up and watches the house until it was dark, then he takes a flashlight out and runs passed the back of the house. I cut the video off there, and Penelope is taken by shock.

"What was that?" She manages to spit out.

"Someone is watching my house and Lahni, we're going to find out who"
I turn around and turn off the tv.

"Who would do this sir?"
The redhead searches for answers and I frown.

"I have no idea but I want this analyzed by the best you can track down" I convey firmly.

"Yes sir, are—" She ceased and chewed her lip. "Are you gonna tell her?"

"No, not right now, she'd panic and she's doing well right now, I'll tell her if something else happens, in the meantime, I need you to find someone to look at the footage, I need more cameras installed, and I want bodyguards at my place around the clock" Penelope nods readily and goes to her office.

I pull open a drawer in my desk and grab a cigar, lighting it and inhaling I hold it there for a moment, then exhale. There were so many things going through my mind, could this be some random perv that's been watching her for a while? But then again my home is gated off with acres behind it of forest. You'd have to know my property to know how to navigate...  I was starting to conclude this couldn't be random. This was targeted, was this about her, or was someone trying to get back at me through her? All I knew was I couldn't lose her, I just got her. She's fucking perfect in every way, her mind body, and soul.
She wasn't materialistic, vain, greedy, or rude. She was a breath of fresh air, selfless, her soul and heart worn on her sleeves, she tried to hide it but I saw her. Gentle and fragile, but fierce and strong, she just didn't see, how worth it and rare she was.
I understood very well the worth of a good woman, most only wanted me for the money which was understandable wanting stability. But I crave love— the holding hands walking down the street, the kisses between giggles, the look in her eyes when she speaks about what she loves. I crave the 3 am conversations about where we want to be in 5 years, tell me your darkest secrets while I dance with your demons, tell me how you like your eggs in the morning and no crust on your sandwiches. The angry makeup sex when we forget what we were arguing about, how you arch your back when I hit it just right, how you feel free to lose yourself when I'm causing you so much pain you feel the pleasure in every sting.
God, I needed her right now, but I have to finish working, and only when she gets off can I see her in 8 long hours, She doesn't have to work, but she wants to—

Shit

I dial Penelope, "Hey have someone change the gate password as well, yes thank you"

Opening my laptop I let a groan out as I realize all the papers and emails I have to go through and things to approve, I'm gonna need whiskey.