Chapter 11 : I'm Good

MIA

It was almost summer break which meant school was almost over I just had 1 more week. Which meant Paye would be home all summer and working. I'd gotten her a job working at a store I worked at before becoming a stripper. . .. I knew the owners so I'd know her every move. I meant what I said she was punished and I wasn't doing shit for her. She had to wash her clothes with her own stuff cause my shit was locked up. . . She had to do everything on her own. She lucky I helped her get this job. Even though shes been coming in on time and grades been picking back up I still feel like shes going to mess up again. It hurts me to know my sister hates me right now. . . I know she loves me but sometimes I can see the hate in her eyes. When I try to talk to her she just shuts down and shuts me out. It used to be sooo easy to talk to her now all I got was silence. Journey keeps telling me not to push it and that she'll come around but I didn't want to sit and wait for her to come around I was worried about her. . I been worried about her because though I'm used to hearing from her everyday during school I'd taken her phone . . . So when she gets her first check I'll have her pay half of the bill and give her , her phone back but with restrictions.

*phone rings*

" Hello. " I answered.
" Hayyyy Bitch. " I heard Kayla and Raynah yell through the phone.
" Wassup ladies ? "
" Girl its friday and we're tryna hit the club , you down ? " Ray asked me.
" Uhhh I don't know I haven't heard from Journey in a few days. I'm hoping he stops by tonight. "
" Aweee isn't that sweet ? However you know how them niggas roll . . It ain't your first time fuckin with his kind. . . He'll be iight and he'll call you soon . . . Tonight , Me , you , Raynah , and Star are going out tonight . . So be ready by 7 " Kayla said. Star is a homie from me and Kays dance class. Shes fun as hell to hang with but she isnt bestie status yet.
" You right , you right. . . See you then " I said hanging up looking at the clock its 3 now . . . I can go get my hair , nails and feet done and be back to get myself together by 6.
I called my hair dresser and I need to be there by 4:30. So now I got time to get my feet and nails done.

3 hours later

I walked in the front door to see Paye sitting on the couch eating.
" Hey sis " she said to me causing me to look around .
" Hey " I said reluctantly because I was shocked that she spoke to me. . .
"How was your day ? " she asked
" My day was fine. How about yours ? "
" It was good. Got an a on my math test " she said handing me the paper.
" I know thats right. I'm proud of you. " I told her cause her to smile and then she started crying. I rushed to her and began wiping her tears.
" Whats wrong " I asked.
" Its been so long since you've said that to me. I missed you " she said hugging me still crying
" I missed you too Paye. " I said rubbing her back trying to calm her.
" I know I've been acting different lately. I haven't had sex , I haven't done drugs or drunk alcohol. I just been hanging with the wrong crowd. I should've talked to you about it sooner. And I am sooo sorry for the things I've said to you. I was wrong and I just want you to know that I'm thankful for everything you've ever done for me. " she said shocking me. I wasn't expecting this.
" Its ok Paye. I forgive you . . . And thank you for apologizing. "
" Thank you for forgiving me. And I know I'm still punished and I can't wait to start work tomorrow " she said.
" Yeah ? " I asked her
" Yup . I picked up my uniforms today and thankfully I have shoes that I can wear to work until I get my first pay check then I can buy more. " she said.
" I'm glad you havea plan Paye . . . Now I need to go get ready to go out tonight . . . I'll be home by 3 , set the alarm make sure everything is locked. Call me if you need anything. " I told her tossing her , her house keys back.
she caught them " Ok sis. I love you " she said.
" I love you more young grasshopper." I said making her laugh.

It was now 6 o' clock which meant I had roughly an hour to get showered and dressed. I wrapped my freshly trimmedand straightened hair around my head and put on a scarf and a bonnet to protect my hair from the water.