Chapter 2: Overall Ability

After a long and yet somehow short spring break had come to an end, the day of the opening ceremony finally arrived.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. That was my thoughts being broadcasted.

My monotonous voice was received with surprised looks from everyone. My classmates, recognizing it, turned towards me looking for an answer. The video was currently displaying an overview of the school with my voice being the narration.

"Who's that?" "I can't recognise that voice." "What class is he from?" Was the general reception from the second and third years.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Sakayanagi looked at me with worry. Ichinose was no different. Even though her spirits were shattered after the loss to class-C in the event selection exam, she was still motivated enough to lead her class.

Ryuen seemed to be in good spirits, cackling wildly at my levity. Kouenji on the other hand... was admiring himself with his hand mirror ignorant of the current situation.

"It seems you have unfortunate luck, Ayanokouji-kun." Horikita said.

"Yeah. That seems to be the case." I sighed deeply.

We moved out of our old, familiar first-year classroom and relocated to a new one for second-years. At a glance, the desk and chairs seemed to be the same, but for whatever reason, the room gave off a different feeling.

The first thing that awaited us as we arrived in this new classroom was a message 'displayed' on the blackboard.

[Sit down in the same seat you used last year and wait for further instructions.]

How troublesome. I'm a lab rat for another experiment, this time by the government itself. How ironic. I couldn't even make plans or prepare for any scenarios since it was the future. As it was my perspective and with my thoughts openly displayed, the white room would likely be exposed. There were truly no contingencies for such a case.

"Ayanokouji-kun." I looked at the origin of the voice. It was Horikita. "I just want to tell you this. Just in case something comes up, I want you to rely on me for any help. I'll do my best."

"Thanks Horikita."

"Will you be okay?" Kei, who was seated to my left, asked in a whisper.

"I've got no idea what'll be shown in these videos. But, don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

"It's really like a movie." Sotomura said.

"So this takes place on April 1st then..." Mori Nene spoke up.

Last year, the blackboard was one that the teachers would write on with chalk. However, the blackboard before me was a blackboard, yet not at the same time. Put simply, it had been replaced by a large monitor.

The school had probably chosen to install it this year, judging from the fact that it was shining with a radiance that made it seem like it had just come out of the box.

"Chabashira-sensei, can you confirm whether this information is true?" Yousuke queried.

"Yes, it's true Hirata."

"Ayanokouji-kun is surprisingly a good narrator." Azuma Sana said.

I made my way to where I sat last year, the window seat in the very back of the room, and sat down as instructed. I decided to listen in on what some of my classmates were talking about.

The topic had shifted from what people had done during spring break to the newly enrolled students.

"Ahh, that's awesome. Am going to be a senpai! I can't wait to be called Ike-senpai or ... Kanji-senpai." Ike was lost in his own fantasies.