Chapter 5: Back Alley Brawl

"Before we begin, I should let you know that the tapes we've viewed so far were green-rated."

Mashima-sensei explained at the beginning that the tapes will have two categories of ratings; green and red. Apparently the former is family friendly whilst the latter contains immoral and obscene content. There was even a sticker that came attached with each tape indicating so.

Although I didn't know how Hosen's expletives and unique choice of insults counted as viewer-friendly.

"The next video is a red-rated one meaning it contains graphic episodes of violence and sensitive information. If any student here is predisposed to such effects, I propose that you opt for the private viewing room on the first floor."

Seeing the bewildered looks of their faces, Mashima-sensei sighed before continuing.

"Assuming the pattern here, this video would likely involve Ayanokouji-kun. What about you?"

"Thank you for the offer Mashima-sensei but I'm fine."

"Damn, no hesitation. I'd probably wanna hide in a hole if my thoughts were openly shown like this..." A second year whispered.

"Duh, it's so embarrassing. That kouhai is taking it like a champ."

"I wanna be like Ayanokouji fr."

"By the way... The meeting's at 9, right? Aren't we way too early?"

"It's fine. I want to get there early."

Sudō couldn't quite understand Horikita's reasoning, but he kept his mouth shut and followed along. Perhaps she wanted to be on the lookout for some sort of foul play, or maybe she just wanted some time to compose herself.

Either way, Sudō only thought of our opponent as a first-year student, whereas Horikita didn't seem to be lowering her guard in the slightest.

After receiving a slip of paper with the room number and the receipt from an employee, the three of us headed off to our designated Karaoke room.

"Could you let Nanase-san know we're here for me?"

"Already getting chummy with not one but two cute kouhais, Ayanokouji!" Ike grunted.

Sudou whacked the boy's head. "Stop thinking with your dick all the time. He's doing it so all of us can safely clear this exam. Be grateful!"

"Alright." I sent a message to Nanase, telling her that we had already arrived, along with our room number.

"Let's go ahead and order our own drinks first then." With that, Horikita went to the landline telephone that came furnished in every Karaoke room and placed the order.

Feeling somewhat relieved by the fact that food was on the way, Sudō went and nervously picked up the microphone from the table.

"Ehm, well, we've got some spare time and all so how 'bout singing a song or two? Eh Suzune?"

"I'm not interested."

For Sudō, singing a couple of songs probably felt like the next logical step, and had it been someone else, they most likely would have agreed. The feeling of disappointment was written all over his face, probably because he wanted to hear Horikita's singing voice.

"Sudō-kun. Just to remind you again, absolutely do not say anything unnecessary, okay?"

"I-I understand, but like, shouldn't you be tellin' Ayanokōji that too?"

"He's not the type of person to talk when it isn't needed. Rather, he doesn't even talk when he ought to." Instead of praising me, Horikita took this opportunity to vent her complaints.