Secrets

Loki's POV:

After discussing somethings for the cure, Steve decided he would make breakfast today. "What does everyone fancy?" He asks. We said something completely different but then we decided to let the twins decide. "What do you two want to eat?" Bucky asks them softly. Pietro gently pulls on his shirt so so he can whisper in his ear. Once Bucky stands up again his expression is much softer then before if that's even possible. "Of course you can. No one here will be mad or hit you if you two eat anything. We don't want you to starve, sweethearts." He told them. We all shared a look of hurt as we figured out what they meant. Pietro had probably asked if we would get angry and hurt them if they ate anything. The twins nodded and I saw Pietro mouth something like 'What is there?' Bucky smiled warmly at them before answering, "Well we have waffles, pancakes, cereal, toast, fruit. What do you two fancy?" Wanda and Pietro looked at each other, they smiled and I'm assuming they are communicating through their minds. Wanda then mouthed 'Waffle pwease..' We all smiled at their cuteness, "Of course sweethearts."

We all gatherer around the table while Steve prepares the waffles. Wanda and Pietro and sat on Bucky's lap with his arms wrapped around them so they don't fall. We are all quiet not really talking until Bruce says something, "After this Nat, Clint, could you two wash the twins then take them down to my lab?" Nat and Clint both nodded in agreement. "I take it you need to do a check up?" Clint asks. Bruce nodded.

Just at that moment, the elevator dinged and Maria plus another Sheila agent walked in. "Hey." She waves to us. We all wave back. Pietro and Wanda grip tighter on to Bucky.

Natasha's POV:

The fear showed in Wanda and Pietro's eyes couldn't go unnoticed by anyone. Bucky bounced his legs up and down trying to calm them down but i didn't work so I'm assuming he started to whisper comforting things into their ears.

Maria (or any agents for that matter, except Fury) never really comes to the compound. However, Tony owes Maria a good few hundred dollars for accidentally breaking a window in her apartment, so I'm assuming she's here to collect it.

Tony hands her some money and the twins instantly start crying. We all turn to Bucky and the twins and rush to them. Maria and the agent look at where the crying came from but Tony pushes Maria and the agent to the elevator and runs back to us.

"What's the matter Darlings..?" Clint asked as he brushed some of Wanda's hair behind her ears and doing the same with Pietro. They both shook there heads and clinged on to Bucky. "What's the matter, sweethearts, we can't help if you don't tell us." Bucky whispered. "W-we sowwy we bad.. pwease ont sell us.." Pietro whispered. Our hearts broke at that statement. "Little blue.. honey.. why do you think we would do that?" Vision asked. Pietro looked up at us, his eyes filled with tears as Wanda continued to sob into Bucky's shirt. "Mama 'nd dada selled us to Hydwa.. they said we were bad. They got money for it.." Pietro sobbed.

So let me get this straight. They didn't join Hydra out of free will? Their own parents selled them to probably one of the worst places ever and left them for money. They didn't join out of free will? Right now I.. all of us have never wanted to kill someone more.

"Kiddos, how old are you?" Tony asked. Steve went back to the waffle machine, taking them out so they don't burn. Pietro looked down at his hand and held up three fingers. "Thwee 'nd a half.." he mumbled. We all stood there shocked. Before anyone could say anything Steve came back with plates of waffles. He handed a plate to each twin that was cut up into bitesize pieces for them. "Here you go Prince, Princess." Wanda looked up and smiled, a first genuine smile since the night before. Pietro smiles to and Steve returned the gesture.

Everyone sat back around the table making small talk with each other. Wanda and Pietro eyes were slightly red from where they were slightly crying and rubbing their eyes.

Bucky rubbed both the twins arm and they flinched. "Are you okay, sweetheart?" He asked. All conversations stoped and we all faced the twins. Pietro didn't do anything but Wanda shrugged. Bucky asked to look at their arms. Fear in their increased as they nodded. He slowly lifted the sleeve up only to see their arms being covered in bruises, fresh cuts, old cuts and a few burns. "Does this hurt?" Peter asks them. They nodded. "Oh Sweethearts.. why didn't you say anything.." Bucky asked. "No mad.. or sad.." Pietro whispered and Wanda nodded.

Pietro held his arms out to me. I was on Bucky's right so Bucky handed me Pietro and he cuddled into me. Wanda held her arms out to Steve. Steve was in the left of Bucky so he gently picked her up and sat down with her resting on his chest. The two cuddled into us. I looked at the clock for the time, it read 9:38 in big red letters.

"Hey Tony?" Loki asks. Tony turns to him and hummus a response. "Do you think we need to tell Fury and Pepper about this?" Tony look is at him wide eyed. "I- good idea.. what do we tell them tho?" Tony asks. We all shrug the soft snores are heard coming from the twins. Everyone smiles a soft but hurt smile at them. "Just tell them exactly what happened, 'Hey guys I accidentally turned two very important team members and the two youngest of the group into babies' simple." Rhodes states. Tony sent him a glare and we all slightly snickered.

After a little convincing we got Tony to agree to say something similar to that statement the Fury and his girlfriend.

But I think one thing we are all wondering is why the kept this secret from us. Both secrets, young twins and older twins. We were all confused why they hid it, we're they scared if are reaction? Scared we'd hurt them? I think we are all feeling guilt. I think... no. I know we'd be needing to have a chat with the twins.