Warming up

Steve's POV:

After everyone had finished breakfast we went to the common room and sat down. Nat laid against me with Pietro in her arms and I had Wanda against my chest. Both twins fast asleep. We were all just discussing what we should do. Just at that moment Pepper and Fury walked in with Pepper saying: "We leave you alone for one day and you turn them into a baby. Really Anthony." Tony looks nervous. "We'll leave this up to you." Peter told Tony as everyone got up and walked out leaving a anxious Tony.

We all got to the elevator and asked Friday to take us to the training ask. Don't ask, Thors idea.

We got there and just sat around. We were bored so we decided to have some fun friendly spar matches. Winner stays on was how we were doing it. It was first me and Bruce so I gently passed Wanda to Peter. And me and Bruce started to spar and of course I won. Natasha wanted to go next so she gave Pietro to Bruce and we spared. Like you could probably guess, she won. I let her win tho.

After an hour of sparing for fun Wanda woke up. Oh and Tony still hasn't made an appearance yet. At this moment in thine she was in Visions arm. She wiped her eyes and whined. Wanda hasn't said anything yet, she only mouthed words, making no sound. No one was sure why that was tho. "Hello, honey." Vision cooed at the small baby in his arms. Wanda shyly and ever so gently smiled and cuddled close to him. Wanda closed her eyes for a split second and opened them again. A second later Pietro woke up. He was in Thors arms at the moment. "We'll hello there Tiny Avenger." He smiled at the young one is his arms. Peter walked over to us, after being beaten by Loki. Vision moved closer so Wanda and Pietro where beside each other. They wanted down so Thor and Vision placed them down and the twins crawled over to me and Nat. I took Pietro in my arms and Nat took Wanda in hers.

Just at that moment, the door opened.

Vision's POV:

Just at that moment, the door opened. There stood Fury, Pepper and Tony. "Avengers." Fury called out to get everyone's attention. It was slight but from the way Steve and Nat adjusted the twins in their arms that the twins had clinged on tighter. We all nod to say a hey back without saying anything. (You get what I mean?) Anyway Pepper walked up to us as with Tony following shortly behind her. "Do you guys need me to order anything for the little ones? I can go into town or order somethings online." She smiled warmly at us. "Please. If you don't mind. Would you mind getting some clothes, toys, high chairs, baby bottles, pacifiers and anything else necessary, please." Steve asks her. She nodded in agreement, "Of course, I'll order them online and we should get them here by tonight." She smiles. We all smile back. Pepper leaves and goes to order all the stuff.

Tony crouched down beside me and Peter. Bucky is sat in between Nat and Steve with both the littles holding onto his index finger. He doesn't mind it tho.

No one's POV:

Everyone spent the next few hours talking with each other and the twins had warmed up to them. Still neither of them would say anything except mouthing words. Pietro still whispered into to ears when he (or Wanda) wanted anything, but it was everyone, not just Bucky.

After a while Nat and Clint decides to go wash the twins up then meet Bruce down at the lab. Clint took Pietro while Natasha took Wanda, Steve decided to go with them in case they needed help. They all stood up and agreed to meet everyone in the kitchen for lunch, except Bruce.

Natasha's POV:

I took Wanda up to my room and into the bathroom. I wanted to tell her what I was gonna do so I didn't scare her. I place her down on the toilet seat. "Hello, babe. I'm gonna get you into the bath, is that okay?" I ask sweetly crouching down to her height. She looks at me and very slightly nodded. "Im gonna get you dressed.. is that alright with you?" I ask yet again, making sure to talk her through so i dont scare her. Yet again she nods and moves into a postion so that's it's easier for me for remove her dress. I do so and i finally notice how underweight she is for her age. She is covered in bruises. I'm assuming they are hurting as the look fresh so I wanted to do this as fast as I can.

I pick her up and put her into the bath. I do her hair and rise it out, take her out and get her dressed. She doesn't make a fuss at all.

"Thank you, babe. Now I'm gonna dry your hair, okay?" This time instead of just nodding, she smiles and nods. I first towel dry her hair before using a hairdryer to finish it of. "Thank you, love." I smile at her and she gives one back. I gently pick her up carry her to the lab entrance where Steve, Clint and Pietro are waiting for us.

Clint's POV:

Natasha took Wanda up to her room so I took Pietro to my room with Steve following behind. I knew Pietro would be nervous if I didn't tell him what was going on so u asked Steve if he could run the water to the perfect temperature to which he gladly agreed. I sat Pietro in the counter and bent down to his height. "Hey, darling. Is it alright if we give you a bath?" I ask him softly, having my hand gently around his arm so he is safe. Hesitantly, he nods his head. "Am i able to change you or do you want to do it yourself?" I ask him yet again. He shuffles around a little before pointing to me. I nod and start to change him. Just then I notice how small he is yet how underweight he is. He is also covered in really bad bruises. My eyes soften even more and I picked him up.

By now, Steve is done with the water. We get Pietro in and do his hair and take him out. He whines from the coldness so Steve quickly dried him of and I dressed him and done his hair. "Thank you, Prince. Can we dry your hair?" Steve asks. Pietro smiles and nods. Steve does so then we carry Pietro to the front entrance of the lab.

2 minutes later, Natasha shows up with baby Wanda in her arms. "Let's go. This is urgent." Nat told us. Me and Steve bid in agreement, knowing that both Wanda and Pietro have bruises and didn't tell us. We did put ice on the bruise on there arms and stuff but I guess we forgot to check elsewhere.

We rush in and Bruce walks in to meet us. "Hey. You guys can place the twins in the bed there." We nod and place the twins side by side in the bed. A second after doing that my phone rings, "Sorry guys Laura's calling me. I need to take this." The nod in agreement understanding I need to talk to my wife.

I smile at the twins and they smile back. I leave the room and go to call Laura.

Steve's POV:

After setting the two kids down, Bruce needed to go get some more things so he said he would be back in 5. The twins are quite, just sitting there although I saw a look in Pietro's eyes that was almost like he was scared. Wanda was no different. "Hey darlings. Are you two okay?" I ask them gently as I walk up to them. They both look up at me. They don't do anything but the fear in their eyes increase.

I notice this and instantly climb on the bed and sit back. "Come here loves." I open my arms and the quietly and carefully crawl into my arms. I place and arm around them both, "It's okay Princess, Prince. We will be here the whole time. Won't we Nat." I reply. Nat nodded and sits beside me, "Of course little ones. Nothing bad will happen to either of you. I promise." She smiles.

A little later Bruce comes back in. "I'm gonna need to draw their blood. Is that okay?" He asks. Me and Nat nod. Bruce walks up to us and mouths who should go first. Nat decided Pietro would be best. I pass Pietro to Nat and she walks up to Bruce with him on her hip, "Hello, dear. I'm gonna need to take some blood.. you can hold onto Natasha if you need to, alright?" Bruce strokes Pietro's hair. He looks at all of us then his sister who seems to be oblivious to the situation. He looks back at Bruce and nods his head. Tears are already starting to form. Pietro holds out his arm and then leans his head on Natasha. She whispered comforting things into his ear and before he knew it, it was done. "Now, that wasn't so bad was it, baby." Natasha cooed at him softly. He hesitantly shook his head. Bruce held out a few bandages that he could use. Pietro picked up a Captain America one which of course made my heart swell. Natasha carried Pietro over to the bed and sat down.

I picked up Wanda and carried her over to Bruce. "Hello, dear. May i take some of your blood? Your brother was very brave and I'm sure your just as brave as he is." He told her. Wanda looked at her brother who gave a small smile and nodded. Wanda returned the smile, turned back to Bruce and softly nodded. I whispered comforting things and a moment later, it was done. She wanted the Black Widow bandage and Natashas smiled so warmly at the gesture. Bruce smiled, kissed both the kids in the head and left.

I sat beside Natasha. Her head went onto my shoulder whilst the twins feel asleep.

This is the type of family I've wanted to have. And now, it's official. Sure me and Nat aren't dating nor are the twins mine and Nats but I plan on changing that.

I love them. All so much.