0:33

"What in the world possessed you and made you do what you did?" his voice boomed, traveling across the room as he drastically shut his office door behind him, folding his arms and leaning against it. To say he was upset was an understatement, and Lena could very well see it in his body language, and veins that showcased themselves on his temple.

"Let's calm down and talk about it, before you say something you might regret." she raised her arms in surrender, showing him that she was going to try and not attack him or play the defensive card. 

"I just thought I was looking out for you, clearly I was wrong." she spoke with a low tone, so as to prompt him to do likewise.

"I didn't ask you to do that though!" he raised his voice, his hand moving backwards, "I know we shared a womb but you don't get to make moves like that unless I ask you to,"

She had never done that before in her life when it came to their own personal relationships. He simply had no idea what got into her, and made her think this was a good idea.

She sighed, visible embarrassment coming onto her face. She seemed quite rather defeated, so he softened his stance, letting out a breath himself.

"I really thought I was helping. Cause you're both in denial over something so simple,"

"Minding one's business is never something not to do. Even the Bible says so, like seriously. That was so childish," he didn't want to be so harsh with her, but he needed her to know her place.

"I've got it. You can stop trying to make me feel small," she now wore a straight face, an attitude itching to get into her system —and he could see it from a mile away.

"Do you really get it though?" he asked, "Cause I don't have to tell you about what happens in my life beyond what you need to know. I do it cause we've always been able to respect each other even when being intentionally mean. Clearly I now have to set boundaries,"

"Yeah, whatever. I got it. I don't know how many time I have to say this,"

"So you're gonna act like I did you dirty?" he lifted an eyebrow, not surprised that she'd resorted to this. Helena, just like Shane, never wanted to be told that she was wrong.

"I already got a paragraph of a text from Shane. I don't need to hear it from you too. I thought I did a good thing, clearly I didn't. We can literally move on," she simply shrugged her shoulders.

"What did she say?" he furrowed his brow, quite surprised to hear that Shane had said something, especially when they agreed that he would talk to Lena. But then again, when he thought about it — Shane would do what she wanted to do at the end of the day. He wasn't quite sure if it was an attractive quality to him.

"Of course that's all you heard. I'll send the screenshot as soon as I leave. Can I leave now your royal pain in the arse?"

Though he rolled his eyes, annoyance and him being one — he still managed to slip a light chuckle out of his mouth.

"You don't need my permission," he shrugged, stepping away from the door and making his way to his seat. Just that one line from her, had managed to make him calm down a bit - and it was something she had always been able to do when it comes to him. He could get mad at her, but within less than a day, they'd be back to normal. 

Helena flashed him a pretty fake smile, which made him laugh, before she flashed him her middle finger as she closed the door behind herself.

And true to her word, his phone buzzed against his desk with a message from Lena, a screenshot of just Shane's message without including Lena's response.