0.1

It had been a year since Micah had gone to a better place. Jax was still struggling with it, he hardly slept and ate. He spent most of his days staring at his ceiling.

Mason was over most days but the boys never talked. They just laid there in silence, nothing but their heavy breathing filling the room. Mason was taking it harder than anyone, that was his little brother and he felt like a failure. He failed at protecting the one he loved.

Michael had left not long after they had put their youngest brother to rest. He left without a word, not even a note leaving Mason alone with his thoughts.

His thoughts were dangerous and he often found himself wishing he was with Micah. But he knew it wasn't his time yet so he'd spend his time with his friend to keep them both from doing something they would both regret.

"Jax?" Masons voice was the first one the fill the empty sounding room.

"He wouldn't want to see us like this." He said, his voice croaky.

"We're allowed to mourn, Mason." Jax argued back, his voice was rough and dry. You could tell neither of them had been taking care of themselves.

Mason stood up off of Jaxton's bed, dragging the other up along with him.

"It's been a year, Mason."

"Oh, I'm fucking sorry. I didn't realise grief had a time limit." Jax muttered out, shortly cut off by his mother.

"Oh hey, are you two alright?" Sarah asked as she watched the two boys emerge from the black hole of her sons room.

"Micah wouldn't want this, I know he wouldn't." Mason said, sitting down at the dining room table.

Without a word, Sarah was quick to put food in front of them along with a glass of water.

"Youre right Mason, he wouldn't like to see you both like this. He'd want you to move on with your life."

"Stop talking about him like that. Stop it! Let me mourn my dead boyfriend." Jax said, slamming his fists against the wood table.

He was angry, angry at his mother for saying it, angry at Mason for dragging him out of bed and most of all, angry at himself.

Once his mother left the room, he gulped down the glass of water.

"We've got to do something." He said to his best mate. "I'm going to kill him." Jax said, with nothing but anger and determination in his voice.

"And what good would that do? You'd get yourself put in prison or even worse, killed. Mate, I lost my brother. I can't lose you too." Mason said, his voice was weak.

He knew his rough on the edges friend was more capable of killing someone but at what cost?

"I can't just sit here and be okay with what happened. It's my fault he's there and i'm going to do something about it!" There was absolutely no way Mason was going to be able to change his friends mind, it was already made up.

With a sign, Mason replied. "What's the plan?"