Chapter 3

Five years pass and I couldn't be happier. While I still have my memories from my past, I still have the desires and emotions of a child. Sirius was better than I could ever imagine, and I even had the extended Black family. Leo, Regulus's son, was quickly becoming my best friend. It was a shock when Barty showed up and it was still weird to see him young and healthy. A big change from the deranged follower I faced in fourth year. Come to find out he was Regulus's best friend and Regulus had been able to convince him not to join Voldemort. They had married in secret hoping not to draw attention to themselves while war was still going on. They adopted Leo a month after the war. Peter had been caught a few weeks after my parents' death and was sentenced to life in Azkaban. Dumbledore had fought to remove me from Sirius and had made plenty of enemies in Wizengamot for his efforts. Now that everyone knew I had a loving godfather who fought on the light side plus had the backing of Lord Black, no one wanted to be on his bad side. I got to see Draco a few times, but Lucius didn't like me much and after I set him on fire, he had yet to let Draco come back over.

Lord Black made sure I had the best tutors and when it came out I was natural at occlumency, they had all been surprised. Since then, it seemed Lord Black wanted to push my abilities. I heard mention of a prodigy a few times. When I finally start reading Sirius laughs as I make my way into the Black family library and Lord Black just wards the darker books from me. There weren't many females in the family, and I can tell the men are trying. None of them had dealt with raising a child my age, choosing to leave that to their wives.

By eight I have control over most of my magic. It had taken some persuasion, but Regulus finally agrees to teach me and Leo runes while Barty or uncle B as I call him teaches us potions. It definitely helps to learn from a teacher who didn't hate me.

It isn't until 9 that I learn of the special gift mother magic gave me. I had been pouting about going to another ball, I wanted to stay outside. The other men stood at the door smirking as Sirius tried to get me to comply. When he threatened to take my broom, my anger rose, and a lightning bolt landed a foot away from him. It had shocked everyone, and I had found it hard to get control over my magic. As another lightning bolt hit, I began to cry not completely understanding what was happening. Sirius had been frozen in shock and it had been Regulus who came over and explained that I needed to calm down. It was harder than I wanted to admit but the moment I did the lightening stopped. We ended up not going to the ball, instead I sat in the sitting room as the adults attempted to figure out what happened. Lord Black had finally asked an elf to bring any books on controlling lightning. The elf had returned with one book. A book over Merlin. Sirius had freaked out if it got out I would have even more people after me. The issue was that with no known wielders, I had no one to teach me to control it. It had been decided they would see if they could find anyone and by the end of the week, they had found a witch in Brazil who could control water and was a master in elemental magic. While not the same it was better than nothing.

~

I wake on my 11th birthday feeling a mixture of excitement and dread. I was excited for my birthday but dreaded the letter I would no doubt receive today.

After breakfast, we head to the Black manor, and I smile as I see my whole family is already here.

"There is the birthday girl." Leo says hugging me.

"Hey Leo." I smile.

"I swear he is the favorite." Sirius laughs.

"Of course not Uncle Pads. I don't have favorites." I say sweetly, he shakes his head and when he turns around, I mouth you're my favorite to Leo who just laughs.

"I heard that." Sirius says over his shoulder.

"You have no proof." I say shrugging which causes the rest of them to laugh. I make sure to greet everyone else and sit down as Sirius summons the presents. Being famous in the wizarding world had its perks as I see the mountain of presents.