Chapter 10

Harriet

I sit on the bed trying to calm down. I hadn't told any of the adults about my memory. Seemed I didn't just get elemental magic. Leo comes over and pulls me into a hug.

"It's ok, I'm here for you." He says and I try to relax. It wasn't just Moony who needed help. I needed to have the werewolves in a better place before Voldemort's inevitable return. It was one of the only reasons they followed him. They had nothing else to lose. A thought hits me and my eyes go wide. How had I forgotten? I can remember the potion that helped them. While there was already one out there it didn't do as well as it was made to believe and would be years until a new one was made.

Fix what has been wronged. Death whispers into my mind and my smile grows.

"Leo, I have a project." I say jumping off the bed.

"You know I got you." He smirks standing.

"I want to fix the wolfbane potion."

"Why not." He says, shaking his head. I smile and grab his hand pulling him to the library.

We spend hours and finally Barty comes in to drag us out when we ignored the elf. He walks in and freezes at the sight of all the books laid out.

"Do I want to know what you two are plotting?" He asks.

"Not yet, but we will tell everyone soon." I smile.

"Ok, well it is dinner time." I groan but stand.

Dinner is filled with Barty trying to figure out what we are doing.

"You know I think we should limit the library use." Sirius smirks.

"No!" Both Leo and I shout causing the adults to laugh.

"Is it world changing?" Regulus asks.

"Of course." Leo smirks.

"We will actually need uncle B when we finish the research. I figure we will have the base down before we go to Hogwarts."

"I hope it is potions related then." Barty says.

"Yep, it will be groundbreaking." I say and Leo nods, still smirking.

"You know maybe we shouldn't leave them unsupervised. No world domination until you graduate." Lord Black says, and I chuckle.

"Truly, domination is such a strong word. More like reform."

"Because that makes it better." Sirius says shaking his head.

"Aren't Blacks known for doing great things?" Leo points out.

"They have you there." Orion laughs.

That night I close my eyes and try to go over everything else that would need to be changed. Now that I started changing things, I felt like I wasn't doing enough.

My child, you are doing well. Remember you are not alone.

It takes me a moment to recognize the voice but as my magic relaxes, I know it is Mother Magic.

I just hope I am doing enough. I admit. It felt like with one problem solved another hundred appeared.

Lean on your family and remember that we chose you for a reason.

I sigh and nod. I was the savior and this time I would do it right.

Leo

School starts and I make sure to not let Harriet get far from me. She had become quite popular in Slytherin due to her proposal and I didn't like so many around her. Every time I stepped between her and a guy or pulled her to the other side of me Luna would just smile and give me a knowing look. I could admit I had a slight possessiveness problem, but Harriet never complained.

When quidditch tryouts arrive both Harriet and I sign up. She went for seeker while I much preferred the beater position. Tryouts are grueling with Flint pushing us to our breaking point. Even with Harriet freeing his dad he didn't take it any easier on her and I knew Harriet wanted it that way. She hated special treatment. When we arrive at the common room after tryouts, I flop down on the couch preparing to stay here until my body stopped hurting.

"Think we did it?" Harriet asks, flopping down beside me.

"We better or all that was for nothing." I groan.

"I think both of you made the team, now me? I have no idea." Jasper comments flopping down on the other side of me. He quickly picked up that I didn't like people between me and Harriet and made a point to keep a slight distance from her.

"I think all three of you did wonderful and I can't wait to cheer you all on." Luna says coming over and passing out mild pain reliever potion.

"All we can do is wait for tomorrow when they are posted. Now I think I am going to go freshen up before dinner. Luna, you coming with me?" Harriet says standing. Luna walks over to her, and I watch as they both head to their dorms.

"Dude you are staring." Jasper says nudging me.

"Shut up." I say standing. I didn't need people pointing out the obvious.

The next day we are all sitting in the common room waiting for the positions to be posted. The moment Flint walks in Harriet grabs my hand and I send her a small smile. The moment he steps away from the board it gets rush with people checking. We don't move, choosing to let it calm down. It wouldn't change our position if we were the first or last to see the posting. Once it does calm down, we stand and walk over. I hold my breath as my eyes search for the beater listing. It had been one of the more sought-after positions. The moment my eyes land on my name I can't help the smile

"I made it." I tell the group.

"I made chaser." Jasper says and I turn to look at Harriet.

"Looks like all three of us are on the team." She smirks and I pull her into a hug.

"I told you all, now let's go celebrate with some pudding." Luna says, grabbing Jasper as she skips away.

"I could go for some celebratory pudding." Harriet says chucking as she grabs my hand, pulling me along to follow after them.

Harriet

Yule arrives faster than I expected. Between studying and games, along with still working on future proposals, the time seemed to fly by. Sirius along with the rest of the adults came to every one of our games. The Lestranges also came but it wasn't hard to see the tension when some of the other parents saw them. Dumbledore added a section of seating just for the Slytherin parents, claiming it was because of the increase in visitors, but we all knew he was trying to keep them away from the other students.

We spend most of our free time during break working on the potion. While the recipe I remember would work Uncle B suggested we work to make it something that could be taken once a year instead of having to rely on being able to brew the potion monthly. By the time it is time to meet up with Uncle Moony I am both excited and nervous. Sirius told me that he had already explain what I was trying to do but he didn't tell me how he had reacted. I never wanted him to feel ashamed of what he was with me.

When we arrive at the gravesite he is sitting on the same bench as usual. He stands when he spots up and I walk over hugging him.

"Missed you Uncle Moony."

"I missed you too." He says hugging me back. I notice Sirius is standing a little ways away and figure he was trying to give us some sense of privacy.

"I'm sorry I didn't say anything." I whisper as I take my seat on the bench.

"Hey don't feel bad. I have been this way for a long time. I didn't say anything because I never want you to fear me." I look up and smile at him.

"I could never fear you and we should have the potion done by this summer. I want you to be the first one to have it."

"You don't have to do that, but I will take it." He says and I smile.

"Anything for my Uncle Moony."