Chapter 13

Lord Black

The elf watching the children tells us Harriet has them both working on the new proposal.

"Well at least he is starting to understand." Rodolphus chuckles.

"Fair warned, she will rope you into it, if you let her." Orion laughs.

"So, what is this year's proposal?" Rabastan asks.

"I can't even explain it as well as she can, but she wants to help lessen the attacks from werewolves while giving them better opportunities." I explain.

"That will be interesting, I can't imagine the backlash from something like that." Rodolphus says wide eyed.

"Yes, the agreement for my backing on this law is she cannot go out without at least two adults. The girl gets enough death threats, but it doesn't stop her." I explain.

"Have you thought of security?" Rabastan asks.

"We have, and we figure she will outgrow us tagging along, but for now it should be enough. We are not out in public often." Orion says.

We go over different deals that I was looking to invest in and wanted to see if they wanted in. It would take time before people went to him directly for deals. It takes a few hours and once we are done, I lean back.

"I did have one more thing to speak with you about. While I understand this is a touchy subject, I wanted to let you know Harriet is working on a way to permanently remove the mark. She spoke to a few healers who got a chance to study the mark and is almost complete in creating the potion to remove it." Both men freeze at the mention of the mark.

"She is positive it will work?" Rodolphus asks recovering first.

"Yes, she has been working on it since putting the motion forth to do retrials."

"What else does she need?" Rabastan asks, looking scared to hope. I didn't blame him; I couldn't imagine having a brand like that.

"She figured the mark was done in parseltongue but without examining one she won't know for sure. Harriet is very in tune with magic." I say making sure to watch my words. They might be allies but I would not risk her.

"You want us to let her look at them?" Rodolphus asks.

"That is up to you. I have others I may ask." I say, I didn't want them to think they had to. Rodolphus sighs,

"If it will help then I don't mind. I just worry that if she goes messing with it then it could hurt her. It is far more than a mark." He explains.

"We are aware, and while I do not like her in danger, she seems to always find it. She might be in Slytherin, but she has Gryffindor blood running through her." I say smirking.

"Ok, do you wish to do this now or later?" He asks.

"If you wish to do it now, I can call her."

"Let's do it, but please just her. I do not wish for Jasper to see the mark." Rabastan says and I nod in understanding. I have an elf retrieve Harriet. She comes in and I smile at the folder in her hand.

"I told them about you working on getting rid of the mark. They have agreed to let you look at it." I explain.

"Good, the potion is almost done but I am missing something."

"Just be careful, last thing we need is it to attack you." Rodolphus warns her. Harriet nods and he rolls up his sleeve showing off the mark. I had not seen one up close, but Harriet acts like it is completely normal. A gold light forms on her palm as she runs it over the mark. She seems to be studying something before the light fades.