Chapter 19

Harriet

The second task goes by as expected other than Fleur actually finishes. The bubble head charm works far better than the gilly weed. To say I almost lost it when I realized it was Leo was an understatement.

When the third task arrives, Leo has become clingy. We knew what was going to happen so I couldn't really blame him. Before we are led to the maze, Leo pulls me off to the side.

"Do you have your portkey?"

"Yes, I also have the charm that allows me to notify Sirius if I am in danger. It will give him a location so he will be able to prove I am not on school grounds."

"Fuck, please just be safe." He says running his hand through his hair.

"I will be ok. I will come back to you." I assure. "I need you to stick close to the adults."

I was worried he would lose it, and he needed to be around people who could actually handle him. He gives me a short nod as I am called away.

I don't worry about anything else as I run through the maze. I didn't remember the way, but I knew the beasts got harder the closer I got. I finally make it to the cup, but Cedric comes out of nowhere and grabs it with me. As we land in the graveyard, I immediately pull my wand.

"Cedric, we have to leave now." I say looking around.

"Where are we?" He asks confused.

"Don't know, and don't care. There is dangerous magic in the air, we have to leave."

"Ah, Harriet Potter, we meet at last." I hear a voice and my panic rises. "Kill the spare."

I spot Peter and summon the cup, slamming it into Cedric's chest. He would not die this time. As I am lifted up, I pour my magic into the charm. I had to trust they would get to me in time. The ritual plays out just as I remember, but this time I don't struggle. When Voldemort stands, I hold his glare.

"The supposed girl who lived." He laughs. As he calls his followers, I notice there isn't as many as last time. I am released and the crucio is just as painful as I remember. I hear the pops of people apparating and hear Voldemort curse, before he hits me with a curse. Him and his followers quickly leave as I cry out in pain. I lay there fighting the blackness as I hear people around me.

"Harriet!" I hear Sirius shout before the world goes black.

Sirius

It took longer than I wanted to get her, but I had to notify the minister, or this wouldn't work. Dumbledore attempted to step in demanding to know what was going on, and it took my grandfather to hold me back from killing the meddling old fool. We arrived at the graveyard with the minister and four aurors. I look just in time to see Harriet get hit by a curse before Voldemort leaves. I scream her name and take off running to her. The moment I reach her, I feel her pulse growing weaker.

"Sirius allow them to take her to St. Mongo's." Grandfather says snapping me out of it. I hadn't realized I was blocking others from getting to her. Two aurors take her to St. Mongo's, and I sit there feeling like my world was crumbling.

"She is strong, she will pull through." My father says. He was right, he had to be right. There was no other option. I refuse to fail James and Lily.

"He's back." I hear the minister say.

"It would seem whoever put her in the competition knew this was coming." Grandfather says, his anger clear.

"I can see that. We need to get ahead of this." The minister says as he starts shouting orders.