Chapter 11

Harriet

Our first night back at Hogwarts Snape informs me Dumbledore wants to talk to me. I should have known it was all going too well. Leo keeps close to me as we walk to the headmaster's office.

"I will be right here when you get out." He says when we make it to the statue.

"I'm going to be fine." I assure him before I head up the stairs. The moment I enter he offers me a lemon drop but I decline.

"Sir is everything ok? I hadn't realized I had done anything to warrant a visit to the headmaster's office." I make sure to keep my tone polite.

"My girl I am just concerned about you. I fear you are getting close to dangerous people, and I want you to know that I am here if you need help." I want to bang my head on the desk at his grandfatherly tone.

"I don't understand sir, who is dangerous?" I wasn't going to make this easy for him and would enjoy playing clueless.

"You are getting close to the Lestrange boy, I worry his family will try to pull you to the dark side."

"Jasper wouldn't do that and I'm not worried. I am neutral and they all know it." I say smiling.

"You need to be prepared." He says but his tone is far less patronizing. I was actually having fun with the way he was getting frustrated.

"Prepared for what sir?"

"I fear darkness will rise again."

"Then we should let the aurors know." Now it is his turn to look like he wants to bang his head on the desk.

"No need for that my dear."

"But if the darkness is bad then isn't it the aurors job to deal with it?" I ask tilting my head.

"I think that will be all for today Ms. Potter. If you ever need anything my door is always open."

"Thank you, headmaster." I stand and walk out, attempting not to laugh. The moment Leo sees me he pulls me into a hug.

"What did he want?"

"Darkness is on the rise, and he fears for me." I say rolling my eyes. "I did enjoy acting like a completely clueless small child. Even suggested we call the aurors if something bad was coming."

"You still need to let the family know he called you in but I'm glad you had fun with it." He says, grabbing my hand as we walk to the dungeons.

~

The rest of the school year Dumbledore still watches me but hasn't called me back to his office. Sirius was furious I was called in and I didn't even want to know what the letter to Dumbledore said.

When Draco decides to target me for his father being locked up Slytherin retaliates. His attempt at hexing me when my back was turned landed him in the infirmary because of Flint. His father had been among those released. Draco truly got lucky I grabbed Leo before he could hurt him. I didn't need Leo expelled or worse. When Draco continued along with the kids whose parents were in jail, I was no longer allowed to be alone. I didn't mind, it wasn't like I was alone much before this. I was just enjoying the show. They didn't realize they were turning their own house against them.

Leo

I step off the train trying to hold onto my laughter. My father Regulus looks at me brow raised but says nothing until we arrive home. The moment I step out of the floo I burst out laughing.

"What is so funny?" Grandfather asks.

"The Weasley twins decided they wanted in on targeting Malfoy. He got stuck with pink hair." I say trying to calm down.

"Why is Malfoy being targeted?" Sirius asks.

"Because he tried to hex me when my back was turned. Flint sent him to the infirmary and when he still decided to spout off on how I got his father locked up for no reason, he became a target for Slytherin. You should have seen what Nott did to him. His lips were glued shut and Madam Pomfrey took three days to get them unstuck." Harriet says smirking.

"Why didn't you tell me what Malfoy did?" He asks her, brow raised.

"Because it was so much more fun to see his own house turn on him. He shares a room with Jasper, and he is so terrified he attempted to stay in Hufflepuff." She says laughing.

"Oh, don't deny them that." Father Barty laughs.

"I would have been ashamed to even consider thinking about staying in Hufflepuff." Grandfather says shaking his head.

"Jasper enjoys scaring him. The funniest thing is Jasper hasn't even actually done anything. Just the threat is enough to have Malfoy running for the hills. If he comes back next year, I will be surprised." I say smirking.

"Safe to say Harriet is protected in school." Father Regulus says.

"Can't argue there." I say shaking my head.

~

The summer seems to fly by with work on the potion and her newest proposal while also still practicing for quidditch. While hectic we were all enjoying it until we get the notice Peter Pettigrew had escaped. Suddenly the adults are on high alert as the wizarding world goes ballistic. It is believed he will come to finish what his master had started. I would kill him if he got anywhere near her. Harriet keeps saying she isn't worried and has far too much to do to stop because of him. When the potion is finished Sirius and Harriet go to take it to Remus. I had never met him before, and Harriet hoped that if she could get the laws to change then he would be willing to come around.

When it is time to present the proposal, I again watch as Harriet works the floor. Did they not realize they were being manipulated by a 13 year old? Either way it worked in our favor. The motion passes with the only objection coming from Dumbledore, who suggested she was too young to understand such matters. It was Lady Longbottom who pointed out that it was that same girl who brought true justice just a year ago and that it was good to see someone her age taking action to change our world for the better. That had shut the old man up. It would still take time for everything to pass, and Harriet had asked Grandfather and Lady Longbottom to help oversee it while she was in Hogwarts. She admitted she would have asked great grandfather, but he had a lot on his plate as Lord Black, and it had been decided it would work if grandfather did it. Lady Longbottom was suggested to make sure the light didn't think she was playing favorites. I almost laughed when one of them asked what sector she supported. She just smiled and said that she supported magic and what was best for the wizarding world no matter which sector suggested it. That had stumped plenty of people, and I caught the look of respect in a few others. When we left the minister joked that this was becoming a yearly tradition to which Harriet just smiled and said she was already working on the proposal for next year. That had his eyes widening but he said he couldn't wait.