Chapter Six

(Continuing from chapter five)

Yoongi placed his phone onto his lap and started his car to then, drive. Moments passed, and that's when he received a message from Hoseok. He whispered another thank you as he seen it was an address.

He examined the address sent to him for a short amount due to being caught up in an red light. "Shit." He mumbled, tapping to put the directions out loud, that way he wouldn't cause a crash.

It was one of nice neighborhoods, Yoongi figured. The ones with the green trimmed grass, trees alining the driveway, big and clean house. That's where Yoongi was headed towards.

He had no idea Hoseok lived this lifestyle. Compared to him, Yoongi felt embarrassed of his living situation. Even with Mina, Yoongi always felt the shallow thought of being judged. He was insecure.

Yoongi parked his car on the curve and waited a minute to pick up his phone and dial Hoseok's number again. When he did, he was quite nervous.

Him and Hoseok weren't as close and yet, here he is, parked in front of his house, ready to spend the night with him. How stupid he was. "Yoongi? Are you here? Hold on- I'll be there." Hoseok rumbled.

It's been awhile since he's had guest of his own. After they had their first call, Hoseok rushed to tidy his room. He made his bed, cleaned off his desk, picked his belongings off his bedroom floor, all this for him.

With moments, Hoseok unlocked the front door, and revealed himself outside. He felt a perky smile raise seeing Yoongi lifted his body off the hover of his car. There, he watched Yoongi take his time going up the driveway with a small smile.

And when the two boys were face to face, Hoseok moved to the side, gesturing Yoongi to come inside. With instance, Yoongi was friendly attacked by Hoseok's dog, Maple.

Yoongi yucked away from the dog, "you're not a dog person?" Hoseok held his laughter back, seeing Yoongi try to shoo the thrilled girl. Yoongi froze and looked up, wearing an unamused expression, "what do you think?" He said back.

Then, laughter erupted from Hoseok. All Yoongi did was stayed perfectly still, eyeing Hoseok and ignoring the happy dog trying to get his attention.

"Her name's Maple." Hoseok introduced his dog.

"Like... the syrup?" Yoongi said in confusion.

Hoseok nodded, biting his lip to suppress his laughter again.

"Syrup needs to understand I do not like dogs." Yoongi mumbled, as he crouched down to pet the dog's spinal area.

Hoseok shook his head, closing the door and turning back to Yoongi and his dog. "Her name is Maple." He corrected. Yoongi looked up, "I know." He grinned and went back to petting the dog. Whispering soft words to the furry friend in a voice he would normally speak to Sugar with.

He felt Hoseok stood besides him, so, slowly, he looked up to see Hoseok smiling fondly at him and Maple. He smiled too and for a second, they smiled at each other.

They unsettled when they heard someone coming around, "oh, Hoseok, is this your friend? The one who's staying the night?" Yoongi quickly stood up, cursing at himself that he already made the wrong impression by sitting on the floor petting Maple's fur.