Chapter Eight

-Chaeyoung's house, next day-

"Beomgyu, please, be quiet, your sister is trying to sleep." Mina took his hand before he dashed off, but that didn't stop him from running off causing Mina to silently groan.

She has never been good with children. Never fond of them either. Ever since her last experience with a crying baby on an airplane, Mina never changed her perspective on children.

With this mindset, Mina never gotten close to a kid. She had no reason to. She was an only child. Her family rarely spoke to each other and if they did, there was no young children in the family.

When she was introduced to Beomgyu, the younger brother of who she did like, Mina had no choice but to at least try her best. Besides, Beomgyu wasn't a baby, not one who cried. But, still a child.

So, there she was, attempting to quiet Beomgyu in order for Chaeyoung to get some sleep. Mina wished that she was cuddled up with Chaeyoung, but no, she had to take care of Beomgyu.

And, this was slowly wearing her patience. Beomgyu was not well-mannered. He ran from her and scream at the top of his lungs. Mina has tried everything, but her inexperience didn't help her.

When Mina finally gave up, she weeped inside Chaeyoung bedroom, closed and locked the door before she slowly slithered under the sheets.

With immediate response, Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around her. "You're doing so well, baby." She whispered, with closed eyes. Mina shook her head, before nuzzling deeper in her nape.

She was exhausted. Mentally and physically. Kids weren't her greatest strength, and it probably won't be for a very long time.

"You didn't have to. You could have went home, but you took it upon yourself." Chaeyoung exclaimed, combing Mina's long brown hair.

Mina breathed in Chaeyoung scent, it was her favorite scent. It calmed her down. It comforted her.

She was in her own world, with Chaeyoung, there together was enough to give Mina strength again. "I wanted you to sleep." She whined softly.

Hearing the chuckle from Chaeyoung made Mina shake her head, wanting to get closer to her than she already was. "Can I hire a babysitter?" Mina asked.

But, she already knew the answer. Mina has caught onto Chaeyoung. She doesn't like babysitters. Not one bit. Although, Mina doesn't understand. She was raised by caretakers and she grew up just fine.

With social anxiety, struggles with emotions, and parent issues, but she grew up just fine.

"No, Mina, we already talked about this." Chaeyoung lifted her head and looked down at Mina with a stern look. Mina nodded softly and went back to her chest.

Chaeyoung felt Mina's body shake when there were sudden knocks on the door, "Mina? Chaeyoung?" A small voice was heard from the other side.

She had a whine leave Mina's lips, "I want to stay, stay with you." Mina whispered, though she already knew what was going to happen.

A pit of desire for Chaeyoung's warmth created deep inside Mina's heart when she slowly sat up. She tried to hold on, but Chaeyoung was already gone.

"Tonight." Mina heard back.

She shook her head in protest, but like usual, Beomgyu came first to Chaeyoung. Mina knew this and had nothing against it.

Chaeyoung left her side and walked to the door, unlocking the door and watching Beomgyu dash to the bed, not seeing Mina whatsoever.

"Beomgyu. Go get dressed. You have a play date with that friend of yours in an hour, if you want to go, I suggest you go ready before I decide you won't go."