Chapter 9 Malleus Maleficarum

Dean and Hermione are questioning Paul about Janet as Sam is searching the bathroom for clues as to what happened.

'She was so scared. I couldn't help, I couldn't do anything to stop it. And I've talked to the police, and I've talked to the medical examiner and no one can explain it,' Paul explains.

'Well, that's why they put the call in to us Mr. Dutton,' Dean responds.

'But the CDC, that's disease control, right? What do you think, is it some kind of virus?' Paul asks. Sam closes the door to the bathroom and looks more thoroughly through things.

'We're not ruling anything yet. Mr. Dutton did Janet have any enemies?'

'I'm sorry?'

'Anyone that might have a reason to hurt her?' Hermione asks.

'Wait, what are you saying? That somebody poisoned her?' Sam looks under the sink in the bathroom and finds something as the questioning continues in the bedroom.

'We're just saying we have to cover every base here,' Dean responds.

'Well I mean, what kind of poison? You think a person could have done this?'

'Would anyone want to?'

'What?! No, no, there's just no one that could've—' Sam opens the bathroom door.

'Mr. Dutton?' Hermione asks.

'Uh, everyone loved Janet,' Sam nods at Dean to let him know that he was done investigating.

'Okay. Thank you very much. I think we've got everything we need. We'll get out of our way now,' Dean informs Paul.

It's raining as Sam, Dean and Hermione walk out of the house towards the Impala.

'That dude seem a little evasive to you?' Dean asks.

'I don't know I was under a sink, pulling this out,' Sam takes a hex bag out of his pocket and hands it to Dean. They stop as Dean takes the bag from Sam and opens it. 'Hex bag,'

'Awww gross,'

'Yeah, there are bird bones, rabbit's teeth. This cloth is probably cut from something Janet Dutton owned,' Dean looks back at the house for a second and turns back handing the bag to Hermione and walks towards the Impala again.

'So we're thinking witch?' Dean asks looking over at Hermione who was looking at the stuff inside the bag.

'Uh, yeah, and not some new age wicked water douser either. This is Old World black magic Dean, I mean, warts and all,'

Dean gets into the car and tursn to Sam. 'I hate witches,' Sam gives Dean a glare trying to stop him. 'They're always spewing their bodily fluids everywhere,'

'Pretty much,'

'It's creepy, you know, it's down right unsanitary,'

'You two know that I don't need a piece of someone to curse them right?' Hermione asks in the backseat, looking at the boys.

'Ofcourse but you aren't like them,' Sam explains.

'Right,' Dean responds.

'Well then let's lower that witch hate shall we?' Hermione asks, raising her eyebrows.

'Yeah, well someone definitely had it out for Janet Dutton,' Sam says shifting the subject.

'Yeah, someone who snuck into that house and planted the bag. So what are we thinking, we're uh, looking for some Blair witch in the woods,' Dean suggests.