Chapter 15 Time Is On My Side

A demon is strapped to a chair inside of a side room of an abandoned cabin. Holy water is thrown onto him. The demon screams and thrashes from side to side.

'You ready to talk?' Dean asks the demon.

'I don't know. I don't know anything!'

'Oh, you hear that, Sam? He doesn't know anything,'

Sam smirks. 'Yeah, I heard,'

'I'm telling you the truth,'

'Oh, you are? My god, then I owe you an apology. Allow me to make it up to you,' Dean forces holy water into the Demon's mouth. 'I'm gonna ask you one last time...who holds my contract?!'

The demon goes quiet, head hanging. When he looks up his eyes are black and he's smiling. 'Your mother. Yeah, she, uh, showed it to me right before I bent her over,'

Dean leans in close. 'I want a name. Or else...'

'Or what? You're gonna squirt your holy water in both ends? Please. Brother, that's like a flea bite compared to what's coming to me if I tell you jack. Do what you want. The only thing I'm scared of is the demon holding your ticket,'

Dean stares at the Demon then looks at Sam, who nods and begins reciting an exorcism. 'How does that feel? Does that feel good?'

'Go ahead. Send me back to hell...Cause when you get there, I'll be waiting for you...with a few pals who are dying for a nice little meet and greet with Dean Winchester,'

'Should I?' Sam asks Dean.

'Send him someplace he can't hurt anyone else,' Dean responds. Sam continues the exorcism. The Demon begins screaming.

Hermione was sitting in the main room of the cabin listening to the demon screaming. She didn't want to be in the room as they were torturing that demon. She would rather spend her time researching every demon known to man than be an intimidating object in the room. Sam walks into the room with his phone to his ear. Hermione looks up from her books and listens into the conversation.

'You ran the prints twice? Are you sure? Okay. Yeah, just chalk it up to lab error. Don't I know it? Okay. Thanks. Yeah, I'll tell the lieutenant,' Dean enters the room. 'Bury the body?' Sam asks as he hangs up the phone.

'Yeah. Looks like these demons ride them hard just for kicks,' Dean opens and chugs on a beer then crashes tiredly onto a couch. 'What was the phone call about?'

'Remember that thing in the paper yesterday?'

'"Stripper suffocates dude with thighs"?'

'The other thing,'

'The guy from the E.R.,' Hermione hints.

'Right, the guy that walks into the E.R. and kneels over dead. His stomach ripped out?'

'His liver, actually. Anyways, I just found out something pretty damn interesting,' Sam responds.

'What?'

'The dead body covered in bloody fingerprints, not the victim's,'

'Okay, great. My man Dave Caruso will be stoked to hear it,'

'Those fingerprints match a guy who died in 1981,'

'Really. So, what are we talking about? Uh, walking dead? Walking, killing dead?'

'Maybe,'

'Zombies do like the other other white meat. Huh. Speaking of, what do you care about zombies?'

'What do you mean?' Sam asks.

'Well, you've been on soul-saving detail for months now. And we're three weeks out, and all of a sudden, you're interested in some hot zombie action?'