Chapter 10 Dream A Little Dream Of Me

Sam is sitting in a bar nursing a drink. He's tilting his glass back and forth slowly, almost spilling out the contents. He's looking sad and all the hope in him is gone. He appears to be a bit drunk. The door opens behind him and Dean with Hermione walk in. When they notice Sam they walk over.

'There you are. What are you doing?' Dean asks.

Sam turns to them and shrugs. 'Having a drink,'

'It's two in the afternoon. You're drinking whiskey?'

'I drink whiskey all the time,'

'No, you don't,'

'What's the big deal? You get sloppy in bars, you hit on chicks all the time. Why can't I?'

Dean looks around and notices that there aren't many people in the bar, just one woman by the bar, who's quite a bit older than Sam. 'It's kind of slim pickings around here,' He turns back to Sam. 'What's going on with you?'

Sam shakes his head, and doesn't say anything for a few moments. He looks completely lost. 'I tried, Dean,'

Dean looks at Hermione confused. 'To do what?'

'To save you,'

Dean looks at Hermione and they pull up a stool to sit down next to Sam. 'Can we gat a whiskey? Two double, neat,' Dean says to the bartender.

'I'm serious, Dean,'

'No, you're drunk,'

'I mean, where you're going...what you're gonna become,' He looks close to tears and shakes his head. 'I can't stop it. I'm starting to think maybe even Ruby can't stop it. But really, the thing is, no one can save you,'

'What I've been telling you,'

'No, that's not what I mean. I mean, no one can save you, because you don't wanna be saved. I mean, how can you care so little about yourself,' Dean takes it all in, and scoffs. 'What's wrong with you?'

Dean looks over to meet Sam's eyes, but before they get a chance to say anything else, Dean's cell rings. Hermione puts her hand on Sam's hand and gives it a squeeze. 'Hello? Yes, this is Mr. Snyderson,' He looks surprised. 'What?' He looks over towards Sam and Hermione. 'Where?'

Bobby is lying in bed at the Hospital. Sam, Dean and Hermione are standing next to his bed.

'So, what's the diagnosis?' Sam asks the doctor.

'We've tested everything we can think of. He seems perfectly healthy,'

'Except that he's comatose,' Dean points out.

'Mr. Snyderson, you're his emergency contact. Anything we should know? Any illnesses?'

'No, he—he never gets sick. I mean, he doesn't even catch cold,'

'Doctor, is there anything we can do?' Hermione asks.

'Look, I'm sorry, but we don't know what's causing it...so we don't know how to treat it. He just...went to sleep, and didn't wake up,' Dean and Sam share a look and then they look over at Bobby.

Sam, Dean and Hermione enter the motel room of Bobby.

'So, what was Bobby doing in Pittsburgh?' Sam asks.

'Unless he's taking an extremely lame vacation...' Dean closes the door as they walk into the center of the room.

'I mean, he must have been working a job, right?' They continue to walk around the room.

'Well, you think there'd be some sort of sign of something, you know?' Sam opens a drawer, but it's empty. Dean does the same, and that too is empty. The room looks completely clean. 'Research, news clippings...' Hermione turns to the closet. 'Or a frigging pizza box or a beer can,' Dean walks away from the dresser he was looking in, as Hermione walks over to the closet. In there are some of Bobby's clothes. She turns on the light, Dean and Sam turn around to her.