Chapter 16 No Rest For The Wicked

Dean is running frantically through the woods, fleeing from hellhounds. Suddenly he stops, confronted with a hellhound that has cut in front of him. He stands there for a moment, looking at it. The hellhound is just waiting to attack him. Dean suddenly turns on his heel and runs back the way he came from with the hellhound on his trail. Suddenly it trips him, and gets him down on the ground and while he screams blood splatters on his face.

Dean wakes up. He breathes heavily from the dream he just had. It was the first time in a while that dreams would give him that reaction. He blinks a few times coming back to his surroundings. He was in a cabin behind a table. He looks down on the book he had fallen asleep on. It was open to a page about the hellhounds, with a picture of them. Sam and Hermione walk in.

'Dig up anything good?' Sam asks.

Dean closes the book and shakes his head a bit, not looking up to them. 'No,' He clears his throat. 'Nothing good,'

'Well, Bobby has. Finally,'

'Yeah?'

'Yeah. A way to find Lilith,'

'Oh. With just uh—' Dean looks at his watch. 'Thirty hours to go,' He smiles. 'Hey, why don't we just make a TJ-run, yeah? You know...some senoritas, cervezas, uh, we could...What's Spanish for "donkey show"?'

Sam snickers. 'So if we do save you...Let's never do that,'

'I agree,' Hermione responds.

'Yeah,' Dean looks down on the books as Sam and Hermione sit down next to him.

'Hey, Dean,' Sam sighs. 'Look, we're cutting it close. I know. But we're gonna get this done. I don't care what it takes, Dean. You're not gonna go to hell. I'm not gonna let you,' Dean looks over at him. 'I swear. Everything is gonna be okay,' Hermione looks over towards Dean and notices a scared look on his face. She raises her eyebrows not sure what to think of that. Dean looks at Sam, his face completely distorted, flinging to the sides at a rapid pace. Then it changes back to Sam again, it was nothing more than a hallucination.

'Yeah, okay,' Dean responds.

On the main table of the cabin is a map of the United States mapped out. Bobby places a weird tracking device over it. The device was made out of three wooden legs coming out from a crystal ball at the top. The ball has a flat, metal piece going around it with symbols on it. Further down the legs is another metal piece, only bigger. From the ball hangs a pendulum device that is sharp on the end so it could pinpoint a specific place.

'So you need a name, that's the whole kit and caboodle. With the right name, right ritual, ain't nothing you can't suss out,' Bobby explains.

'Like the town Lilith is in?' Sam asks.

'Kid, when I get done, we'll know the street,' Bobby begins the ritual, starts the swing for the pendulum and then chants in Latin. As Sam, Dean and Hermione watch, the pendulum begins to search over the map until it suddenly stops. 'New Harmony, Indiana,' Dean looks up at him from the map. 'And we have a winner,'

'Alright,' Sam pushes the pendulum away and looks at Bobby. 'Let's go,'

'Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on. Let's all shut up here, Tex,' Dean intervenes.

'What's the problem?' Sam asks.

'What's the problem? Come on, where do I begin? I mean, first of all, we don't even know if Lilith holds my deal. We're going off of Bela's intel? Now when that bitch breathes, the air comes out crooked. Okay. Second, even if we could get to Lilith, we have no way to gank her. And third, isn't this the same Lilith that wants your giant head on a pike? Should I continue?'