Chapter 12 Jus In Bello

Sam and Hermione rush into a bedroom. Dean follows and shuts the door. They search the room. Dean checks the drawers, while Sam checks the safe and Hermione under the bed.

'Any sign of it?' Dean asks.

'Nothing. Are you sure this is Bela's room?' Sam asks.

Dean holds up two wigs and shows them to Sam. 'I'd say so,' Suddenly the phone rings and they share a look. Dean walks to the phone and looks at Sam who shakes his head. Dean picks up the phone and answers it cautiously.

'Dean? Sweetie, are you there?' Bela asks.

'Where are you?' Dean asks.

'Two states away by now,'

'Where?'

'Where's our usual quippy banter? I miss it,'

'I want it back, Bela...now,'

'Your little pistol, you mean? Sorry, I can't at the moment,'

'You understand how many people are gonna die if you do this?'

'What exactly is it that you think I plan to do with it?'

'Take the only weapon we have against an army of demons and sell it to the highest bidder,'

'You know nothing about me,'

'I know I'm gonna stop you,'

'Tough words for a guy who can't even find me,'

'Oh, I'll find you, sweetheart. You know why? Because I have absolutely nothing better to do than to track you down,'

'That's where you're wrong. You're about to be quite occupied,' Dean looks over at Sam and Hermione. 'Did you really think I wouldn't take precautions?' Suddenly police officers burst into Bela's room and point guns at Sam, Dean and Hermione. The three of them raise their hands above their hands.

'Hands in the air!' One officer shouts.

'Down on your knees,' another orders.

'That bitch!' Dean shouts.

'Turn around! Now!' The first officer shouts. The officers force Sam, Dean and Hermione to lie down on the floor. 'Sam, Dean Winchester and Hermione Granger, you have the right to remain silent,' Sam, Dean and Hermione see feet come closer towards them. They look at each other, then up. 'Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney and have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed to you at government expense,' Sam, Dean and Hermione look up to see Agent Henriksen.

'Hi guys...It's been a while,' Dean closes his eyes and lays his head down on the floor.

Doors open. Sam, Dean and Hermione are led into a police station. They are shackled together by a chain and guarded by two officers.

'Why all the sourpusses?' Dean asks as he looks around the room. Sam looks at the name plate on a girls desk, which reads ''Nancy Fitzgerald, Secretary''. Nancy looks afraid and grabs her rosary.

'I'll show you to the cells,' Special agent Reidy informs them. He grabs Dean's arm.

'Hey! Hey! Watch the merchandise!' Nancy's eyes follow them, scared. 'We're not the ones you should be scared of, Nancy,' Nancy looks at her rosary and holds it.

Sam, Dean and Hermione are brought to their cell. Hermione got put in a cell alone. The police leaves them alone. Dean heads for the bed and Sam to the door. They all almost fall because of the chain.