Chapter 5

Picture of Alec on the side ---->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🍦Hayden Marvel

I shoved my math book into my locker hastily, "But what if I say no?" I questioned Lilly and Claire.

"Oh, that's not an option," Claire ordered.

"Yeah, you're going whether or not we have to drag you there," Lilly chimed. I really should have picked less bossy friends.

It's Thursday, and tonight they were coming over to my house to show me my dress for the dance tomorrow night. And afterwards, they were insisting on taking me to the boy's basketball game. They claim I need to be more social, and since Thomas is going over to a friend's house tonight, it's the perfect opportunity.

According to my friends, at least. I, however, wasn't the slightest bit convinced. I still knew that whether or not I agreed to it, things were going to go their way.

Delightful, right?

I shut my locker in frustration, and ended up closing my sleeve in the door. Wow, just great.

My friends both stifled a laugh. "Uh, real smooth, Hay," Claire said a she backed away with Lilly following.

And just like that, they left me.

As I tried to pull my sweater out, I thought about going to the game tonight. I would go to the dance a hundred times before I wanted to go to the game.

And I REALLY didn't want to go to the dance.

Truth is, Alec plays on the basketball team. And I didn't want the rush of flashbacks shooting back to me, it was hard enough to get over our break up in the first place. But yet again, it's understandably hard to accept the fact that your boyfriend of almost a year cheats on you, especially when the reason is so shallow.

I sighed, my sleeve wasn't budging. I began to twist my lock according to the combo to unlock it, when someone came up and startled me.

"You look stuck," I jumped at little at the sound of Trey's voice. I looked over at him and I felt myself weaken at the knees slightly at his presence. He was so unbelievably attractive with his sparkling green eyes that stood out with his light hair.

"Yep, I sure am," I pulled myself together to say.

"Can I ask how?" He seemed to find this entertaining.

I sighed, "I was slightly frustrated and when I slammed my locker, my sleeve was caught in it."

"What's got ya frustrated?"

I hesitated before telling him, "My friends are forcing me to be social." That came out awkward.

He laughed and said sarcastically, "That should be a crime!"

I rolled my eyes and him and went back to entering my locker combination. I was almost done, when Trey reached over and messed me up, his hands felt warm against mine.

"That was mean!" I said as I glared at him and ignored how his light touch made my hand feel.

He chuckled, ignoring my comment and asked, "So what are you friends forcing you to do to be social?"

I tried not to be affected by his curious eyes when I replied. "They're dragging me to the basketball game tonight and then to the dance tomorrow night. I don't want to go to either of them." My stomach twisted at the thought of having to watch Alec play basketball. Last time I went to a basketball game, we had been together. As for the dance? I'm just a super awkward dancer..