Chapter 17

Dedication: Goes out to tiaunoh for making the sophisticated looking cover on the side! Check it out :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🍦Hayden Marvel

Trey didn't ask me to come to the game, but Drew (with the help of Claire) convinced me to go. It wasn't that i was opposed to it from the beginning, it was just that the tought hadn't crossed my mind. Once they brought it up, I pretty much instantly agreed. It was Friday, and Thomas would be at his best friend's house until about eight. Plus, this is one of those times where it's acceptable to stare googly eyed that the guy you like without seeming suspicious. I mean that is the least creepy way possible.

Seriously, if you saw him muscles in his jersey, you'd feel the same exact way as me.

Plus, when he sweats, he doesn't look like someone just poured three gallons of water on him. He actually glows, no joke.

This brings me to now, sitting in the stands with Lilly, Claire, and Seth. Obviously, Trey and Drew weren't present since they were down on the court tearing it up. Or is that the phrase? I don't really know much about sports slang and whatnot. The only one I know much about is soccer, because Thomas loves it so much. And still, my knowledge is limited.

"Oh god, our boyfriends our so hot," Claire nudged me in the side. I glanced up to see a small smirk on her face as she watched the game.

I raised my eyebrows, "Are you talking about me and Trey?"

"Obviously. Now shhh! I'm enjoying the view," She put her hand on my face and shoved me out of the way. I rolled my eyes and chuckled at her. She really liked Drew..a lot.

"Alright, well it's almost half time, I'm going to use the bathroom."

"Thanks for informing me. Please, go enjoy yourself," Claire said, her voice loaded with sarcasm. My only reply was to stick my tongue out at her like a four year old.

The bathrooms are in the same area the boys have to go through to get in and out of the locker rooms. And on my way out from 'refreshing' myself, I felt a hand grab my arm.

"You look really hot today," Ew. Just the voice made me want to vomit. Although now, it wasn't because of the nerves or anxiety, but of utter and complete repulsion.

I turned around to give Alec a disgusted look before pulling my arm away. "Gross, just leave me alone."

"Oh damn, you've gotten sassy."

I raised my eyebrows, "What kind of person hits on people during their own basketball game? You really seem like a pedophile right now." I scoffed before turning to walk away.

"Come on, don't be like that. I know you want me too," he said while blocking my entrance back into the gym.

I composed myself to hide my frustration with my creepy ex-boyfriend, "Alec, I wouldn't even consider taking you back even if I was being threatened to be thrown into a pit of lava and alligators. I'm going to have nightmares of your face if you don't back off." I said while walking past him and bumping his shoulder as I did so.

Okay, I know. Lava and alligators have no business being together. Like at all. But it was more the image of horror I was going for than logic, and I guess I got my point across since he didn't try to stop me again. Thank god.

And so that's it. No more being timid and afraid, or nervous and anxious. That break-up with Alec changed me from the sarcastic person I was into this insecure, awkward, and uncomfortable person. But not anymore. It's like a revolution has occurred inside my brain.

When I got back to my seat, I must have had a look of triumph on my face, because instantly, Lilly's face brightened, "What just happened down there?"